Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
That’s not something I know about - I imagine what is permitted changes from one area to another and over time.

I was told to never to strike or maintain pressure on the neck of your training partner once you’ve achieved it because it was potentially life threatening, including back of the neck.

Positional asphyxiation is also a risk just by restraining somebody face down.
Fighting and restraining have different objectives so the training isn’t the same.

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
The Mayor can’t make deals on the use of privately owned property or city owed property without counsel approval.

Police Brutality is a problem we all should protest but it doesn’t entitle us to a new pair of tennis shoes or Iphone.

The police should have moved the protestors to a beach or undeveloped piece of ground not in middle of a business sector or residential neighborhood . To let the protestors think they won a police building has got to feel real empowering and give a sense their protest is working.

I’m pointing out the failure of the city mayor and her responsibility to protect and serve the entire city.

Reactions: Dan711

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
She didn’t own the chips she was bargaining with ? Now if she wanted to open her home and yard up to a party that’s a different story but she would still have to comply the city laws. She’s a Mayor not a Queen.

Reactions: Dan711

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
Check out what this person of color has to say

The Con Spears Harpooned another TRUTH !
GO GO Independent Thinkers !

I followed up and hope you do to

Go to BLM click the Donate Button

Read the Term & Conditions of Act Blue

Read the Who We Are of Act Blue
As a nonprofit, we’re driven by the belief that our democracy works better when more people participate in civic life and when our campaigns and nonprofits are powered by the people they serve. That’s why we’ve built a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic candidates up and down the ballot, progressive organizations, and nonprofits.

BLM What We Believe (* excerpt )

* “We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).”

What a shame .....some of our best minds have been played like an old worn-out cheerleader on both knees.

·
Registered
857 Posts
BLM is nothing more than a domestic terrorist organization. Any organization that is calling for the killing of the police or politicians is just that. We've seen the news and the rioting, it's insulting to the readers to say that BLM is a peaceful group...

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Define terrorism.

Provide a quote from a recognized leader of BLM (not some internet rando) advocating for killing police or politicians. And no, wanting the death penalty after a trial isn't "calling for the killing of...".

As I pointed out in a previous comment on this thread, some of the news overstated the rioting, including the use of photoshop and using images from different cities from weeks earlier.

Police have indeed been killed in association with the protests. But they were killed by anti-BLM "boogaloo bois", not the protesters.

·
Administrator
18,387 Posts
That is his view point backed by some facts.

Is BLM a Marxis ruse? Don't know. But that will not stop the Right from calling them so. The extreme Right calls all Democrats "Communists or Marxis". The extreme Left calls all Republicans "Rednecks or White Supremacists"....

Is the main Leadership of the BLM women, Yes. And they may be Lesbians too.... So what??

Act Blue is a clearing house. They may collect money for a lot of democrats and that will make them a target of any Right Wing group.

I just know that when I donated to a Republican Centrist, the clearing house that collects his money takes a small amount for overhead but he gets about 85% of every dollar. And guess what, that clearing house also says they support all forms of people regardless of their beliefs and or background. The Verbage is almost what Act Blue's say.

I'd bet that if you went to Trump's web page and clicked on Donate, it will redirect you to his clearing house. Then scrolled down thru all their verbage you may find some things that not all people would like.

By the way, Charley Daniels Died today at 83 years old. A lot of folks called him a Redneck.

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
As the Nation was bickering about BLM look what was going on someplace else :

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
311 Posts
If that money was used how it was intended, more power to them. The abuser could only be the "corporation" that receives the money. In this case, I don't believe our trusty gobment would be to blame. If wrongdoing is suspected, it could always be investigated.

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
If that money was used how it was intended, more power to them. The abuser could only be the "corporation" that receives the money. In this case, I don't believe our trusty gobment would be to blame. If wrongdoing is suspected, it could always be investigated.
Billionaire developer Joe Farrell, famed for building and renting megamansions in the Hamptons, received a PPP loan of up to $1 million. Farrell made headlines in May when he rented a megahome called “The Sandcastle” for nearly $2 million for the summer.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Billionaire developer Joe Farrell, famed for building and renting megamansions in the Hamptons, received a PPP loan of up to $1 million. Farrell made headlines in May when he rented a megahome called “The Sandcastle” for nearly $2 million for the summer.
I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, and I'm gullible sometimes. But if he used the PPP loan to pay employees during a time when he wasn't able to keep them working due to covid, more power to him. That is, if he used the PPP money as intended. I've never heard of this Farrell dude, nor do I give a care to know about him. But if he used his own $2 million to rent some megahome, more power to him.

If I were an ultra-rich person, it wouldn't be long before I wound up in jail. So I won't throw the first stone. 😁

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
Don’t worry about jail....get a set of golf clubs and a Red Hat and party like it’s 19...99 !

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would be proud to wear one of those red hats. But I'm too concerned about the pain I would risk have inflicted upon me to bother with it. Plus, I'm not a hat person. If I had male pattern baldness, maybe I'd wear more hats. But then again, male pattern baldness looks pretty darn good when the rest of your hair is cut real short. No comb-overs!

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
I would be proud to wear one of those red hats. But I'm too concerned about the pain I would risk have inflicted upon me to bother with it. Plus, I'm not a hat person. If I had male pattern baldness, maybe I'd wear more hats. But then again, male pattern baldness looks pretty darn good when the rest of your hair is cut real short. No comb-overs!
what's wrong with a comb over? I got some hairs growin on my ears that are almost touchin over the top! gonna tie em in a knot in a couple weeks

·
Registered
857 Posts
BLM lost my support when they said 'no lives matter until black lives matter' therefore putting themselves above other races. You can make up whatever political agenda you want, but when people on television identify themselves as BLM and call for police to be executed, you've lost the battle to get mainstream support. I am a hardcore, mainstream libertarian and could care less about the right and left's agenda's. I only want what's best for my country. When BLM identified rioters are tearing down statues of people who helped blacks over generations and are generally clueless about history, they've lost the war. I, know you're going to say these weren't really BLM members or leaders but silence is golden. BLM doesn't deny these comments or accusations, therefore that makes them complacent. You can scream that photoshop was used all you want but hundreds of hours of video were taken by both sides showing BLM agitators rioting, deny it if you want, that's the BLM way, they are nothing more than domestic terrorists, as are the boogaloo boys, who you can't prove did what you said they did....I'm hoping wherever you live the police ARE defunded so when you need the police, they won't be there...

181 - 200 of 215 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.