Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

I wanted to get the bars a little further back and higher, so I added the 7/8" standard risers; brought them up about and inch and due to the angle back about 1/2"...

Better for me now, and the gap doesn't look too bad, I'm already used to it.

I think it had a side benefit of allowing more air up through the fork tunnel that has reduced the vacuum and buffeting...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Warren:

If possible, post a photo. I can't imagine the risers on the 650

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Cables

Did the cables, wires and lines reach, or did you have to lengthen
them? Craig

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go here and look at 7/8" bar style 1"-up:

http://www.zianet.com/GenMar/

It just acts as a big spacer to bring them up. Since the forks are angled it also brings them back a bit.

Everything reaches fine, just had to loosen one of the throttle cables 2 turns.

Next time I pull the cover I'll snap a photo. The cover now has a larger gap but it is worth ot to me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Warren said:
Go here and look at 7/8" bar style 1"-up:

http://www.zianet.com/GenMar/

Everything reaches fine, just had to loosen one of the throttle cables 2 turns.

Next time I pull the cover I'll snap a photo. The cover now has a larger gap but it is worth ot to me.
I would think that adjusting one throttle cable and not the other would cause a synch problem in the throttle bodies?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the sync is done at the throttle body, irrespective of cable setup.

The dual cable is a safety requirement so that the throttle is pulled closed as well as pulled open in case of a throttle return spring malfunction.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Warren said:
All the sync is done at the throttle body, irrespective of cable setup.

The dual cable is a safety requirement so that the throttle is pulled closed as well as pulled open in case of a throttle return spring malfunction.
That's good to know. I didnt know it was push pull.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seatec said:
Warren, why would they only move the bars back 1/2 in when they say 1 3/8 in, would like to try a set on mine, I seem to be streatching a bit to reach them :?:
The 1 3/8 is a vertical addition. They move rearward a bit only due to the fact that the forks and trees are angled back toward the rider.

It does help quite I bit. I also rotated my bars back some, so I probably got close to 1 inch back and 1 inch up.

There is also a set that goes up and back, I don't think the stock cables would reach, and your handlebar cover would hang over the back.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Warren/Seatec, aren't there two models? One is a riser with a slight extension and the other has less of a rise but moves the bars back 1 3/8".

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have installed riser/extensions a friend made for me on both the 400 and 650. They look very similar to those on sites mentioned. The brake lines, cables, and wiring were long enough. However on the 650, it was close and required a little adjustment the routing. On the 650 the handlebar covers still worked, but on the 400 I had to remove the lower half of the HB cover.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Has anyone installed the 1" up & 1 3/8" back risers? I am a little confused as to which models have been tried or installed.
I think that the 1" straight up ones have been installed and there is a backward gain due to the rake of the forks.
I also think that the 1 3/8" backward plus the distance from the 1" lift/rake gain might be good.
I found that when I installed Jac's backrest support and having moved the seat back as far as it would go was great for the legroom but after a couple of days I found that my back would become tired very quickly. Going back to the standard setup has relieve the back 'strain' and I can again ride for hours but would like to find a solution that will allow me to have the advantage of the legroom as well the support of the backrest and not be reaching for the bars.

So! I little advice and insight to others' experiences would be appreciated! :roll:
Thanks in advance!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts