Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the gen mar risers in black from the co. and paid 105.00 which included shipping. I then had a mechanic install them which took 30 mins. and cost me an additional 32.50. I think I am happy with them, but I am not use to riding in a "normal" arm length position. I will get use to the risers the more I ride.

Anyway the mechanic did a great job. However the wires are now exposed because the plastic piece no longer goes all the way down enough to cover the wires. This looks ug-go-ly! :cry: Does anyone have a suggestion where I could get a piece of plastic and attach it to the rest of the cover to shield those unsightly wires? It doesn't look bad with the handlebars straight, but as soon as I put the scoot in park and turn the handlebars to the left to lock, it looks terrible.

Evelyn

·
Registered
322 Posts
gen-mar risers

i have the risers up and back and at first I didnt like the gap and was going to make a sheild to cover the gap but from the drivers seat you cant tell the difference and others who have looked at mine and my wifes [whos is a plain jane with no mods ] have never noticed the difference , so maybe you just need more time. eyes5002

·
Registered
761 Posts
I just got my Up-n-Backs in chrome the other day. Plan to install them soon. If it solves my problems, then I will be happy.

Would getting just a piece of black insulation foam (like the kind that insulates pipes) do?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am concerned that the foam might hinder the rotation of the handlebars or cause a restriction in the cables. I was thinking of buying some black canvas and using velcro attach it to both the steering column and the base of the dash.

But then again, maybe I will just give it a little more time and not look at it so much!

This customizing stuff can be a real pain in the butt sometimes :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
which risers?

I bought the GenMar 1" up 13/8" back.....and there is not enough throttle cable or brake cable for them to be used. What do you folks have and how did you do it on the 650.
Thanks as always for the great info.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dana, I have a B 400 and all the mechanic had to do to loosen the cables was to cut the white tie that holds them all together. It's written some where in the Gen Mar instructions. There is plenty of slack now for the the handlebars not to be affected the 1" by 3/8" risers. It only took the mechanic a 1/2 hr. to install and if you are handy could probably do it yourself. I do not know about the 650, but I know there are plenty of others out there who have done this. Try using the search button for gen mar risers or handlebar risers on 650's.

Good-luck.

Evelyn

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Dana, remove the retaining loop that holds the brake lines and cables on the front side of the handlebars. I think there are two bolts holding it on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts