Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I write from Italy, I wanted to share a very useful step on the burgman 650 SECVT.
Are in possession of an official suzuki technical manual, issued to all authorized workshops during the refresher course conducted by suzuki in February 2012 at home to torino.
The document, intended only to support network, and in addition, copyrighted, so I don't know if I can attach a photo.
We will write an operation in my opinion very important, that suzuki should make each service interval:

GEAR AND BOLT TIGHTENING
AN 650 K5-L2

The bolt tightening method Of main shaft and changed.

Preventive measures for the market:

SMC recommends the re-main shaft bolt TIGHTENING during the periodic maintenance schedule, as a preventive measure to reduce breakage.

-Remove the main shaft bolt (and can reuse the bolt).
-Apply the oil to the flange and screw and bolt threads.
-Tighten the bolt to 35 Nm
-Then close to 90 degrees, using the angle gauge.

The screw in question is number 49 of the picture below.

I apologize in advance for the language, but use an automatic translator.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
The primary adapter gear bolt, can't remember the spec from my service manual to see if it's different but should be the same as '05-up.

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
That is interesting because the older service manuals say not to reuse that bolt but to replace it each time with a new one.

They also specify the use of thread locker and tightening to 67.5 ft-lb (90 NM).

Edited to add: and no 90 degree turn after reaching 67.5 ft-lb.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Buffalo said:
That is interesting because the older service manuals say not to reuse that bolt but to replace it each time with a new one.

They also specify the use of thread locker and tightening to 67.5 ft-lb (90 NM).

Edited to add: and no 90 degree turn after reaching 67.5 ft-lb.
Only guess is the 2012 they must have had some sort of loosening issue or the factory didn't tighten them properly. :?: I think I'd stick to the older recommendation, though I'd reuse the bolt and add loctite as long as it looks good.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I've seen the information luccasilver sent me it seems Suzuki changed the procedure. In my '09 service manual it calls for '05-up models adding a drop of oil to the bolt flange and threads same as the service update but the service manual (page 14-45) simply says to torque the bolt to 93 N-m/67.5 lb-ft vs. the update 35 N-m/25.8 lb-ft and then tightening to 90*. Like Buffalo said though the note at the bottom does say not to reuse a removed primary pulley shaft bolt.

Another thought is they might be trying to combat a bolt seizing problem as well. When I took my '06 apart the bolt threads were all rusty. Maybe they would be better off using blue loctite or anti-seize on the bolt.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
No prob, I've done my share of fat fingering :lol:

·
Administrator
18,343 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts