Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm Daz, new Burg 400 owner as of a couple of days ago. I was looking for a replacement for my BMW R1150GS that I sold this week and came across a salvage titled 2008 Burgman 400 that I snatched up for 1K. It runs...um...ok. I rode it home the first night from about 70 miles from where I live and it did ok but definitely needs some mechanical TLC. I have ordered new air and oil filters, spark plug, rear brake pads and for my own peace of mind will change out the V Belt. I am also adding 18g DP Sliders and a HIT Clutch. It has new tires on it and the bodywork is in reasonably presentable shape with a few scuffs, marks and dings but for it's age and the price I got it for it looks ok. The previous owner repaired/replaced bodywork after it took a tumble, hence the salvage title but as it's just a city runabout for me, the title state doesn't concern me. This is my first foray into the world of scoots and I look forward to the experience.

Cheers!

Daz.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

Welcome to the forum. You've found the right place to learn all about your Burgman. How many miles does your scooter have on it? I'm sure you'll really like it when you get done personalizing it. Good luck with your "new" ride.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Welcome to the forum. You've found the right place to learn all about your Burgman. How many miles does your scooter have on it? I'm sure you'll really like it when you get done personalizing it. Good luck with your "new" ride.
Hi. The wee beastie has just over 24K miles. It is currently in many pieces and my wife and I have a long list of "to do" jobs that seems to be growing but we should have it all together in a week or so and then get to enjoy it.

Daz.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Welcome from here in sunny Los An... wait, you're here too!
You've picked a great bike for it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey Daz,

I run a scooter group along with Rusty J in Los Angeles. Join us for a ride sometime. http://www.meetup.com/LAScooterGroup/

Congrats and Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles. oops, sorry, youre already here.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Ah, still working on the Burgman Takeover of LASG, are we Liam? :)

(@ Dazby: Seriously, there are usually several of them on most of our rides so you won't feel out of place amidst the Vespas, Piaggios, and assorted Asian scooters.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts