Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last few months I sometimes smell the odor of gasoline when I go into the garage. I have left the car out and removed pressure washer, leaf blower, etc. so I have pretty well narrowed it down to the Burgman 650.
Need some help before I start pulling plastic. Can't find any drip spots under the bike. Has anyone had the same problem or any ideas of where it may be comming from? Thanks in advance for your input.
Dallas

·
Registered
120 Posts
Venting issue with the gas cap? Does it matter if the tank is full or closer to empty? I know it's cold (ish) there at the moment, are you pulling into a heated garage?

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Depending on which model year you have, you are probably just smelling some the fuel fumes
Being discharged via the exhaust tube. The California models are setup a bit dfifferently.

Check the fuel lines typo masks sure there are no leaks anywhere.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My '06 emits a gasoline fume in the garage when I've filled it up on the center stand, but not when filled on the side stand.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The fuel injection pump (fuel pump) is inside the fuel tank and tends to warm up the gasoline a little, pressurizing the tank and forcing a little vapor into the atmosphere. It's amazing how LITTLE gasoline vapor our wonderful human olfactory system can detect. I sometimes open the filler cap and let the pressure out, mainly because I love the smell of gasoline!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The fuel injection pump (fuel pump) is inside the fuel tank and tends to warm up the gasoline a little, pressurizing the tank and forcing a little vapor into the atmosphere. It's amazing how LITTLE gasoline vapor our wonderful human olfactory system can detect. I sometimes open the filler cap and let the pressure out, mainly because I love the smell of gasoline!
right on!

·
Premium Member
6,061 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts