Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Blinking gas pump means hello look for a gas station in the next 20 miles blinking gas pump and then last bar blinking look for a gas station NOW you will only have about 1.5L of fuel left.

·
Premium Member
14,270 Posts
Through many miles of riding I have figured out that when the pump symbol starts blinking I can go about another 50 miles. When both the pump symbol and the last bar start blinking I can go about 15 miles comfortably and possibly stretch that to 20 in a pinch.

So I would say when the pump symbol starts flashing you are on notice that you will soon need gas. When both it and the last bar start flashing you are on reserve and better get gas at the next opportunity.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blinking gas pump means hello look for a gas station in the next 20 miles blinking gas pump and then last bar blinking look for a gas station NOW you will only have about 1.5L of fuel left.
u[/QUO
Through many miles of riding I have figured out that when the pump symbol starts blinking I can go about another 50 miles. When both the pump symbol and the last bar start blinking I can go about 15 miles comfortably and possibly stretch that to 20 in a pinch.

So I would say when the pump symbol starts flashing you are on notice that you will soon need gas. When both it and the last bar start flashing you are on reserve and better get gas at the next opportunity.
Took some measurements and bought a 1 gallon gas can that fits perfect in my side saddle bag with a small funnel. Just in case.

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
1,654 Posts
Distance is relative to what mpg you normally get. I figured out once (based on how much I filled up with) that when the tank symbol flashes with a solid (non-flashing) last bar I have about 1 gallon left. When the last bar starts flashing I have ABOUT a half gallon... so like the others have said :)

·
Premium Member
10,482 Posts
if you have a cell phone and yer better half has a car,,,you cain't run outta gas.

·
Registered
747 Posts
My 2014, last bar solid & flashing with bowser (gas pump symbol) @ least 3 litres to go :)

Greg

·
Administrator
18,931 Posts
I have a 1 liter MSR and a 1 liter Primus fuel bottle. But you can get a 1.5 liter fuel bottle for $19.99 US$ from Amazon.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I really miss the days when there was no gauge, but there was a proper little valve with a few more drops of gas at the flick of a lever...

$6 to not be out of gas is cheap
The metal 1 liter can travels well & doesn't turn to varnish too quick
I added a couple of velcro straps as mount under the seat of our chinese 150 that only holds a gallon
The neck is small enough to work without a funnel
I've had visions of a mount under the hump of the 650

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I notice as a new owner of a 650 my gas pump will start to blink on the lowest bar. Is that someway to tell me i'm on reserve or I have a small amount of fuel left?
I assume you mean your gas "gauge" ... not gas "pump". Your owner's manual will explain things.

·
Administrator
18,931 Posts
I just went and edited the first post to read like so:

I notice as a new owner of a 650 my gas pump (pump icon on dash) will start to blink on the lowest bar. Is that someway to tell me i'm on reserve or I have a small amount of fuel left?
The gas gauge is not really a gauge but is a Icon that changes to reflect the fuel level.

Reactions: rjs987

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
1,654 Posts
I assume you mean your gas "gauge" ... not gas "pump". Your owner's manual will explain things.
Most likely referring to the gas pump icon above the "gauge" that shows solid until the last bar is left and then the "pump" icon flashes first with about .9-1.0 gallons remaining. The last bar flashes when about half of that is left.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Most likely referring to the gas pump icon above the "gauge" that shows solid until the last bar is left and then the "pump" icon flashes first with about .9-1.0 gallons remaining. The last bar flashes when about half of that is left.
OK -- thanks for the explanation -- live and learn. I'm assuming the OP's Owner's Manual would explain this too?

Reactions: rjs987

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Reactions: mikeyMarine
1 - 20 of 22 Posts