Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a Burgman 400 for a Demo Ride today and now am 99.99 % sure I will be buying one next year . Now I will be asking all you nice people there questions every now and then .
My first question is : Does the Burgman 400 come with a steel or plastic Gas Tank ?? I am hoping that it is plastic as it will never rust .
Thanks for your help............Dan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bellevilleguy said:
I took a Burgman 400 for a Demo Ride today and now am 99.99 % sure I will be buying one next year . Now I will be asking all you nice people there questions every now and then .
My first question is : Does the Burgman 400 come with a steel or plastic Gas Tank ?? I am hoping that it is plastic as it will never rust .
Thanks for your help............Dan

I'm not 100% positive but I'm willing to wager that its plastic.

Dont even wait a year.... go finance it now!! You wont regret!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Have not looked but if you buy one and keep gas in it the odds of the tank rusting out before your 90th birthday are very slim . :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
:p The gas tank is steel and 13 liters...the same size on the 250. As it sits now there is only room for 1 or 2 more liters of add on. (this is, of course, unless they strenthen the middle structure and put a drop-on tank as the hump...this would allow for up to 20 liters,reduce the plastic covers(with the labor and cost)...hey! its nice to dream a little!?! 8)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I have my Burgman in bits all over my garage floor at the moment!

Having looked carefully, I do not reckon that the existing tank can be made any bigger at all.

While it may appear there is room to squeeze a couple of litres more volume with a redesign to better utilise the 'apparent' space - this would effectively stall the air flow throught the radiator and may well lead to marginal cooling in warmer climes.

Just my two penneth worth. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts