Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a AN650 to help save on gas, but I will not be able to ride it all the time. With that said, here is a post I have sent to other boards I belong to.

Have you noticed the price of gas lately? Well I did a little research and found that much of the cost is tax. For example, here in Arizona for every gallon of gas we buy, we pay 18.4¢ in federal tax, 18¢ in state tax, plus 7.8% sales tax, and any local tax that might be in the jurisdiction. That does not account for the tax already paid by the importer, refinery, and the distributor that are passed on to the consumer. If you think this is bad, I just found out that the Feds are proposing and additional 25¢ per gallon tax.http://money.cnn.com/2003/02/26/pf/taxes/gastaxes/

If you find this as outrageous as I do, please call your representatives in congress and tell them what you think. Then pass this to others and ask them to do the same.

For those of you in Europe, I hope that you can get your tax situations under control. 60% of your cost going to tax is just criminal in my opinion.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello Norman,
just to set the score right we pay 75% tax on every litre of fuel here in Germany.
Put it differently - for every single Euro of gas 75 cents of that is tax.

When you consider how high this amount is in reality then we ought to be driving on gold paved roads etc., what do we get - bumps and potholes everywhere including on the autobahn's.

Our equivalent of congress members are an invisible crowd of big time earners hermetically sealed off from any from anyone else other than their own cronies. Once you put them in power that’s your lot for the next 4 years – you work for them , they don’t work for you.

Having said that enjoy your day.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Taxes are necessary

While I would like less expensive prices at the pump for the go-go juice my Burgman drinks up, I have no problem in paying taxes on it to cover the cost of infrastructure and services we need and want from our governments.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Guys,

Don't buy a scooter/motorcycle to save gas money. There are plenty of cars that get better milage than a motorcyle. Buy and enjoy the Burgman for what it is, a great way to get around while having some fun. Lets not talk about the tax issue, it's just another tax, enough said. Buy a Burgman and enjoy!

Thanx
Russ

·
Registered
308 Posts
Russ Schaeffer said:
Guys,

Don't buy a scooter/motorcycle to save gas money. There are plenty of cars that get better milage than a motorcyle. Buy and enjoy the Burgman for what it is, a great way to get around while having some fun. Lets not talk about the tax issue, it's just another tax, enough said. Buy a Burgman and enjoy!

Thanx
Russ
Hi Russ:

I see the point you are trying to make, and it is a good point. However, owning the scoot does have tremendous gas advantages to some. In my case, for example, my 'other' vehicle is a 5000lb Land Rover that swallows gas at the rate of approximately 12mpg. I have done the calculations and when taking my bike instead of the car 3 times a week, I actually save in gas greater than the amount of monthly payment, including insurance, what it takes to own my Burgman. Over the course of the year, it adds-up big.

Cheers:

migz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts