Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is considered good gas mileage on a 2018 650? I got 251 km yesterday before the indicator started blinking.

·
Premium Member
8,027 Posts
so many variables, my 2015 is about the same engine and drive train, i can get 49 mpg and 61 mpg ( 78.857856 km to 3.7854118 litre and 98 .169984 km to litre depending on driving conditions and the indicator blinks at different mileages /km if i am parked at Palace Pizza, (very steep angle at curb front to back) or Publix Grocer, (flat front to back but leans left) I'd say good mileage is approx what makes you happy when you fill up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Depends what you mean by "the indicator started blinking". When the first square starts blinking you have about 60km left in the tank.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm getting 50-51 mpg with my 2018 650. That is what the bike computer tells me, I don't check it other than that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends what you mean by "the indicator started blinking". When the first square starts blinking you have about 60km left in the tank.
The gas tank icon above all the squares started blinking when I got down to one square left, the square didn't blink.
So about sixty km left then...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so many variables, my 2015 is about the same engine and drive train, i can get 49 mpg and 61 mpg ( 78.857856 km to 3.7854118 litre and 98 .169984 km to litre depending on driving conditions and the indicator blinks at different mileages /km if i am parked at Palace Pizza, (very steep angle at curb front to back) or Publix Grocer, (flat front to back but leans left) I'd say good mileage is approx what makes you happy when you fill up.
Was just curious, I'm pretty new at this stuff.

·
Administrator
18,192 Posts
OK, from the older 2008 Burgman 650.
At the last bar when it starts blinking you have about 40 miles or 67 Kms.
When the last bar and the gas pump icon flash you have 20 miles or 32 Kms.

Not sure the newer ones are the same. Good luck, carry a 1 liter fuel can just in case.

I was going between 315 Km and 335 Km before I was walking to get a gas can filled. I now have a couple Primus 1.5L camp stove fuel cans that fit in my pannier cases.

Reactions: LoriJ
1 - 8 of 8 Posts