Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After burning a little over a tank and a half of fuel over 3 days riding both open road and city, it looks like I'm getting roughly 66 miles per gallon. I really didn't expect it to be that good at the start. I thought as the engine broke in the mileage would increase. T'was a really nice suprise.

The not so nice surpise is that the 400, to me at least, doesn't feel as stable as I'd like at 65+ (indicated). Tried ducking behind the windshield, lessening my grip on the handlebars, and checked the tire pressure. Could adjusting the rear shocks have an effect? What recommendation would you make for the rear shocks settings? Any other suggestions?

Ran into another oddity in the 400 manual. To reset the trip meters, the owners manual states (on page 18-19) to use the SEL button to select either A or B and then hold the ADJ button in for 2 seconds to reset to zero. Didn't work that way. I used the SEL button to select the proper trip meter and then held in the SEL button again to reset to zero.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have adjusted the rear to be a LOT stiffer. Will be a couple of days before I'm sure of the effect. I'm still hesitant to ride the 400 to work yet since it's 84 miles, 1.5 hours each way and they are calling for rain until Sunday. :(

ajwood said:
Hold the button down for two seconds to reset tripometer A or B.
I was able to get the trip meter to reset. It just did not work using the ADJ button as per the owners manual.

·
Registered
9 Posts
HEY!!!!! I'm going to run right out and try that! I sure hope your right because I have been trying to change mine for several days by the book...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Remember...your Owners Manual is written & edited by folks whose
native language is not English, so their thought pattern is also
not in English. The translation usually leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow folks, talk about necroposting XD This thread was originated in 2004, and resurrected in 2008.
NICE so people read them owners manual thingys? :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts