Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I ran a search (honest) so I know its not been covered in a convenient how to. I even went to Youchoob to see if there was an excellent Micsberg styling guide but no such luck..

Somehow, I managed to break my fuel lid cover :confused: and I have a new one from the main Suzuki stealer.

I have no idea how to fit it - there is, of course, no fitting guide with the lid, or anything I can seem to find on t'internet.

Help me Oburgy Forum Kenobi, you are my only hope... the dark lord of the stealership is waiting in the wings..

Many thanks!!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
It helps to know what bike and year, but I'll assume you mean the current model 400.

Here's a schematic if it helps.

View attachment 23593

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Well, When getting back on the bike sometimes you Hit the fuel Lid with your foot.

There may be a Tab that you may have to Press , i will Research it and post back!!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Looks like the washer goes under the tab, so the mechanism could be finally locked by that tab.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
See... this is why I am proud to be a Burgman owner.. team spirit, people with taste and good hearts..! 2012 Burgman 400 - USA model not that makes any difference here I think for this issue. As per the diagram it is of course Item 7 which broke. It is rather difficult to feel what is going on - I may even have parts of this still attached in there when the lid broke off.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
The arcs of the lid is a fragile construction, so i had to reinforce it also. It's hard to see the mechanism even with a mirror, the full access to it is given by front box removal only, but imo it's not a worthwhile operation.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
There is a Plastic Damper ,you Remove it First!!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I could have removed it together with the lid only
. Need prob thinner fingers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers All! Will try to get into this at the weekend - will look for / grope around for :) this plastic damper to release first :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts