Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual states the arrow on the cap should point up. However, I notice there is also an arrow on the bottom of the tank filler which appears to indicate to me that they should line up instead. Which way is right, or does it make a differenc. Thanks for all replys,, ps I have a 650

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
GAS CAP Arrow up

Bill

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
What are you riding? On our 650s, it will go in either way. We find it easier to get the key in and out with the arrow pointing down.

BTW, that is one thing that I'd like to see changed - I hate having to use the key to reinstall the gas cap. Just finding a place to set the darn thing and watching that it doesn't roll away is a pain. It should be tethered to the filler tube or something.

·
Registered
239 Posts
<<<...I hate having to use the key to reinstall the gas cap...>>>
Strange....on my 400 the key doesn't have to be in the cap to re-install.

I insert the key...remove the cap...remove the key and set the cap down on the step.

When I go to put it back I just spin it on and make sure it "Clicks" at least three time after it seats...then it is locked...Just the same way I do it with the Locking Gas Cap on my Truck.

~ Roland

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
The 650 gas cap has a couple of registration guides at 180 and 360 and a pair of spring-loaded catches on the sides. The key must be turned to move the catches. They can't be pushed in with or without the key in place. (I just went and tried to be sure I wasn't mistaken.)

I hate it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
McQ said:
The 650 gas cap has a couple of registration guides at 180 and 360 and a pair of spring-loaded catches on the sides. The key must be turned to move the catches. They can't be pushed in with or without the key in place. (I just went and tried to be sure I wasn't mistaken.)

I hate it.
MMMmmm....Well the only Possible Reason for it being this way is to keep you from Losing the Cap which in some Oddball Suzuki Fashion makes sense...though Only to Suzuki..

I wonder if a "Click" type Gas like on my '03 400 would fit a 650...though I'd go the Auto Store and get an Aftermarket One before I'd pay whatever Inflated Price Suzuki wants....

Ok...Update...I don't believe this }:~D }:~D...its 1:00 AM and I went outside and tried switching the Locking Gas Caps from my Truck to my Burgman....NO PROBLEMO!!!

Locking Cap from My Truck Fit the Burgman and the Locking Burgman Cap fit my Truck.

And with as little Gas as the Burgman Holds you might consider a Non-Locking one...though Personally I'd stay with a Locking.

However I don't know about the 650...I would assume the fill neck is the same size as on the 400.

For anyone looking I have a 1981 Chevrolet C-10 (1/2 Ton) Full Size Pick Up so if you have a 400 ask for a cap for that at the Parts House.

Or if you're tired of dealing with a key to fill up go to a scrap yard and get a used non-locking cap for a couple of bucks.

~ Roland

1 - 7 of 7 Posts