Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Burgman AN 400, 2021 model.
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm thinking of fitting a Garmin Zumo 660 with this type of mount on a mirror stalk. Has anyone done this and if so can you comment/advise please.
Any input would be appreciated.
D.

GENUINE RAM-b-272 Mirror Mount 9mm hole with 1" Ball - BEWARE FAKES!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm thinking of fitting a Garmin Zumo 660 with this type of mount on a mirror stalk. Has anyone done this and if so can you comment/advise please.
D.

GENUINE RAM-b-272 Mirror Mount 9mm hole with 1 Ball - BEWARE FAKES!
Works well for a Zumo XT.
Plant Cloud Sky Flower Tire

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts
Hi There, I'm looking at the best way to fit the cradle to hold my Zumo 660.. can you supply come close up pics for me please showing the mounting and components needed

Thank you
You have a 400, a 650, or what (I couldn't tell from your profile or posts)?

Me, I have a 650, but I'm pretty familiar with RAM products (which are myriad, and overwhelmingly high quality).

If you have a 400, you'll probably want to start with an under-mirror-stalk mount, something like ...

... or ...

(BTW, if you shop for these products on Amazon -- no need to buy directly from RAM, if the shipping's prohibitive -- enter that last node in Amazon's search field. That is, for that, you'd enter RAM-B-272U or RAM-B-252U in the search box.)

Then, you'll need what RAM calls a "double socket arm" (which normal folks might call an extension). This takes you from that new ball at the end of the mirror mount, allowing positioning flexibility. The 3" B-size (25mm, 1") is the most common, and would probably be best here, i.e.:

Then, you'll need a cradle for your 660, which surprisingly RAM doesn't seem to list as a dedicated product. Maybe it's because the 660 is discontinued by Garmin. Do you already have a mounting cradle with the 660? If so, what's the back of it look like?

In any case (get it?), you'll need something to attach to mount to the device's cradle, with a ball, to go into the other end of the double socket arm, such as ...

... or ...

I hope this is the sort of info you're looking for.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have a 400, a 650, or what (I couldn't tell from your profile or posts)?

Me, I have a 650, but I'm pretty familiar with RAM products (which are myriad, and overwhelmingly high quality).

If you have a 400, you'll probably want to start with an under-mirror-stalk mount, something like ...

... or ...

(BTW, if you shop for these products on Amazon -- no need to buy directly from RAM, if the shipping's prohibitive -- enter that last node in Amazon's search field. That is, for that, you'd enter RAM-B-272U or RAM-B-252U in the search box.)

Then, you'll need what RAM calls a "double socket arm" (which normal folks might call an extension). This takes you from that new ball at the end of the mirror mount, allowing positioning flexibility. The 3" B-size (25mm, 1") is the most common, and would probably be best here, i.e.:

Then, you'll need a cradle for your 660, which surprisingly RAM doesn't seem to list as a dedicated product. Maybe it's because the 660 is discontinued by Garmin. Do you already have a mounting cradle with the 660? If so, what's the back of it look like?

In any case (get it?), you'll need something to attach to mount to the device's cradle, with a ball, to go into the other end of the double socket arm, such as ...

... or ...

I hope this is the sort of info you're looking for.
Your a star thank you (y):) I have 2021 AN400 (new to me) and im taking the RAM mount off my old Piaggio X( so will have to see what can be used or what new needs to be purchased
I dont realy want to start drilling through panels so a Mirror mounts sound to be a great idea

many thanks

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts
Your a star thank you (y):) I have 2021 AN400 (new to me) and im taking the RAM mount off my old Piaggio X( so will have to see what can be used or what new needs to be purchased
I dont realy want to start drilling through panels so a Mirror mounts sound to be a great idea

many thanks
I may be having a senior moment, but I seem to recall -- within the last day or three -- that someone was just talking about this, but I can't seem to find that thread now.

In any event, as I recall, he or she pointed out that you may want to check to see that you have a few threads left, in the mirror-stalk bolt, after adding the thickness of the mirror-mount-with-ball-plate. If you only have a one or two threads left, you might want to get a slightly longer bolt somewhere.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hi There, I'm looking at the best way to fit the cradle to hold my Zumo 660.. can you supply come close up pics for me please showing the mounting and components needed

Thank you
RAM-B-272U 9mm Angled Bolt Head Adapter Ball Base with B Size 1" Ball, Garmin arm and Zumo XT mount that came with the Zumo.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Rim

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

Ram Quick-Grip XL, Ram arm (don't remember length), and a Ram brake reservoir mount base and B size 1" ball on the right side.
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Automotive design

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys,
D.

GENUINE RAM-b-272 Mirror Mount 9mm hole with 1 Ball - BEWARE FAKES!

The next problem is - How to get the supply cable into the back of the battery compartment. My battery is in the left hand cubby hole. Any advice please?

·
Super Moderator
5,520 Posts

The next problem is - How to get the supply cable into the back of the battery compartment. My battery is in the left hand cubby hole. Any advice please?
You can do it without removing body Tupperware. I used a cheap semi-rigid plastic drain cleaner (bendy, 3 ft long, a million uses)

Unclip the covers on the handlebars.
You can but you chosen rod down through the hole for the steering column, check you are happy with the route and tape your cable to it and draw it through.
There are openings at the back of the battery compartment/cubby hole where wiring already passes through. You can look down through the cubby hole and up through from under the headlight and pick your route. Insert the rod from whichever end of the route works best and draw the cable through.

(Or reverse order - Obviously if one end of the cable has a smaller connector that will be the easier one to pass through so take advantage of that)

Leave some strain relief around fixings and check starting/suspension movements won’t bind or rub against the cable.

I also made a nick in the battery cover with a grommet so that my battery tender pig tails pass through while I had it off.

I use the 12v cigarette lighter socket rather than hardwiring directly to the battery so I can isolate the gps cradle easily (but swapped the hard to get at original with a 3 socket version).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can do it without removing body Tupperware. I used a cheap semi-rigid plastic drain cleaner (bendy, 3 ft long, a million uses)

Unclip the covers on the handlebars.
You can but you chosen rod down through the hole for the steering column, check you are happy with the route and tape your cable to it and draw it through.
There are openings at the back of the battery compartment/cubby hole where wiring already passes through. You can look down through the cubby hole and up through from under the headlight and pick your route. Insert the rod from whichever end of the route works best and draw the cable through.

(Or reverse order - Obviously if one end of the cable has a smaller connector that will be the easier one to pass through so take advantage of that)

Leave some strain relief around fixings and check starting/suspension movements won’t bind or rub against the cable.

I also made a nick in the battery cover with a grommet so that my battery tender pig tails pass through while I had it off.

I use the 12v cigarette lighter socket rather than hardwiring directly to the battery so I can isolate the gps cradle easily (but swapped the hard to get at original with a 3 socket version).
Thanks, very helpful advice.
Is your cigarette lighter socket in the same glove box as the battery or the other (right hand) side? If on the other side, is it easy to get into or did you drill a hole for cable access?
Thanks again for your help.
D.

·
Super Moderator
5,520 Posts
I mounted mine as a block in the “ceiling” of the larger side.
On a previous bike I had it on Velcro in front of the battery cover and pulled it off whenever I needed access to the battery

1 - 13 of 13 Posts