Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the zumo 550 motorcycle mount installed on my Goldwing, have a 2012 650 Executive would like to make the zumo portable between the bikes. I lead rides and will be a helpful to get it installed on the Burgman. Has anyone used the automotive mount which comes with the zumo 550 and installed on their scooter. My burgman has the brake reservoir ram mount plate less the ball. Want to check before I invest in another motorcycle mount from garmin. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Not sure of the size of the Zumo 550 but this works well for the iPhone.
Just a stretchy sleeve with velcro

Fits my tire pressure monitor as well so I'm getting another.

Zumo

4.8 x 3.9 x 1.6 inches

Iphone
4.5 inches Width: 2.31 inches

Looks like the Zumo is too wide.
You might find something similar tho.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
What you propose is absolutely fine.
You will need to order a half inch ball for your reservoir plate and of course a specific garmin Zumo mount.

I have my Zumo 600 mounted in the same fashion on my left reservoir cover. Works fine.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NormanB
Let me get this right, you have used the automotive mount from garmin on your burgman. How are you powering up the gamin, hard wire or cigarette outlet/ or usb? Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
that's right.
I have the standard supplied Garmin Zumo 600 mount wired to the bike and not via the accessory socket.

I used this - LINKY to allow switched and unswitched supplies to be configured.

On my installation I have :

Switched:

1. trunk mounted accessory socket.
2. Zumo
3. autocom

Unswitched:

1. Battery charging pigtail.

The FZ1 I reference above is a few years old and there may be better/newer alternatives available but I have not researched this for a few years as mine works fine and dandy. :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
DSCF1056.jpg

DSCF1057.jpg

Mine was already mounted when I got it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts