8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"If you build it, we will buy"

At least I would

·
Registered
794 Posts
Oh Yeah!

Might just have to trade in the Burgman.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
92 Posts
G Strider

If it has a trunk, I'd have to update from my 650 for the extra power and performance. :D

Without a trunk at least as big as the 650's I wouldn't be interested because more than half of my riding is errands to pick up groceries, things from Home Depot etc That's why I bought it in the first place.

·
Registered
270 Posts
g strider

:shock: I was shocked to read some reveiws on another site, that Suzuki was not going to go forward with it's concept strider. That's a shame. I would think being in first place now in the scooter world, would be enouhgt reason for going forward. :roll: Honda is currently working on a production modle that will soon hit the showrooms. It's called the Griffon. It has a 750cc engine, storage in the front for two full size helmets,larger wheeles than the 650 burgman, same type of tranmission choices ( manual 5 speed 3 speed auto and so on.) If Suzuki dosen't want to keep up or stay ahead. Don't build the G Strider. I thought when i first seen it. That Suzuki would have no problem staying ahead of the game. After all the G Strider is better looking and would out proform the Griffon.
Then i read where Suzuki has decided not to build it. If you want the American market for scooters you will proceed!!! It's you or Honda. And i don't know how it is, around other area's of the country. But Honda has better dealer support than Suzuki. It might not hurt my feelings one bit, to make a swicth. Moral of the story if you don't build it we won't buy it.
Thank you for reading this post. I hope in some small way it might begin to wake you all up. Your fixing to lose the lead in the scooter world. :shock:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I for one would have most definitely considered the G-Strider. Maybe Suzuki will consider coming out with "limited edition" Striders to the faithful Burgie owners who'd like a shot at this big king of scoots.

C'mon, Suzuki: Don't make me buy a Honda! I'd rather be brand loyal!

·
Registered
81 Posts
producton costs way to high for the g-strider..today
lots of high tech
you would be in harley, bmw cost; territory...
Their marketing: design, and cost...
I would predict future more melding of automatic and motorcycle...
Baby Boomers drive research, (they have mony and there are allot of them )) and that is what they will want,
you will even see a trike production by the Japanese...
The large displacement scooters are already here....
something incorporating the g-strider technology will appear
It will happen............in time

·
Registered
13 Posts
IMO you can leave off a lot of that high tech frilly toys and focus on style! keep the frame and bodywork, keep the 900cc's, keep the cool twin exhausts and that laid back seating position!...give some more conventional handlebars (like the Burgman) and we'll be ready to rock!...Please to the powers that be!!!...there are legoins of us that want something on the order of a cruiser/sportbike hybrid that doesnt scream HARLEY!

·
Registered
5 Posts
916CC's of comfort and coolness - Please build it Suzuki and I absolutely agree- without most of the high-tech stuff. That should keep the engineering and design paperwork down not to mention design costs -

I live in Harley country here in Southern Calif. but I'd go out of my way to get the G-Strider instead of a Harley or even a VTX or Boulevard. If you see 2 or more cycles together on the road - 99.9% of the time they are Harley's. The G-Strider would turn their heads instantly - let alone blow 'em away from a stop.

Please, Please, Please Suzuki BUILD the G-Strider so I can join the long line that would form at CalCoast Motorsports to place our orders.

TJF
Harley Country - USA
(Southern Califormia)

·
Registered
268 Posts
This is from the August edition of a bike mag here in Britain and was posted on another forum.

Eye On Japan
It looks unlikely that the new breed of Japanese mega-scooters like the four cylinder 750cc Honda Grifon or 916cc Suzuki G-strider will ever reach production. Why? Because auto transmission scooters now have their own licence category (AT). The idea is to attract more women, and the AT licence will be easier to obtain than a regular motorcycle licence.

However, AT is divided into three categories:AT Small (51 - 125cc), AT Normal (126 - 400cc) and AT Large (401 - 650cc). But there is no category for 650cc plus, which means that mega-scoots like the Grifon and G-strider will remain concept bikes, or will only be released with displacement capped at 650cc.

Why not just build export models?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts