Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't believe I've seen this info before. The trip odometer will go to a max of 10,000 miles & then reset to zero again. Reason I know this is I reset both trips when I bought my 09. Have used trip "A" for gas mileage & trip "B" to see how many miles I have ridden sense I bought it. Last weeknd just 5 weeks shy of having it for a year I saw the 10k & then next time I checked it was at 25 miles. Just FYI ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Desert Rat... Wouldn't it have been nice if Suzuki put that in the owners manual??? Personally speaking I had a 5 piece band pop out of my trunk playing "The Washington Post March" when mine rolled over.... Yours must be broke.... (Just kidding)..... No really, it was "Stars and Stripes Forever".... Okay, I'm done now...

It is good information though...especially if you are using it to setup a fuel stop or to plan your days riding distance......

Would you believe..... "Yankee Doodle Dandy". No... It's been a slooooooow day... And I am suffering from 15 inches of snow and no end in sight. I just Want to ride so I can have the pleasure of resetting something like an odometer. Seriously, though... thanks... Good info

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Wouldn't it have been nice if Suzuki put that in the owners manual???
Really? It's a trip odometer. How many trips are in excess of 10,000 miles?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Instructions unclear: Used Trip B to compute mileage - getting 2500 miles per gallon :confused2:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yup it's true. I used Trip A for mileage purposes and NEVER used trip B. I used my gps tripometer if i wanted trip info.

At 10k miles, trip B resets to zero. Not sure if that is helpful. Just a fun Burgman fact!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Osbornk:
I agree, not many trips are in excess of 10,000 miles....a lot of riders like keeping a seasonal mileage total, for maintenance, belt replacement, for total tour riding and so on... I can see using a trip odometer that resets itself after 10,000 miles might throw a monkey wrench into the equation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wish my Goldwing's trip meter went that far. . . 999 miles then it starts over. Really sad for a bike build to tour on. :roll:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I always reset the Trip B meter when I changed the oil, but the Burg actually has a separate function for that, so I guess I'll need to find a fresh use for the B.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Really? It's a trip odometer. How many trips are in excess of 10,000 miles?
I was contemplating a trip to the Moon and back but I could get quite dizzy watching the trip reset 46 times. I think i'll cancel. :(

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My Honda SUV, a 2005 Element, has a trip meter "B" that goes to 999 and then resets to 0 also. Must be a Honda thing. Nice to know the Suzuki Burgman goes to 10K before resetting.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

1 - 10 of 10 Posts