Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Target has the Canaon A1300 on sale this week for $59.00.

I picked one up yesterday and all I can say woow, what an amazing value... it usually has an MSRP of $119.00.

It's joining my trusty old Canon A590 which has been used to create most of the DIY on my Burgman Center.

My selection criterias were very pretty simple, it wanted an optical view finder and it has to use regular double AA batteries.

The A1300 does everything my A590 does and it is much smaller and a lot lighter which makes it the perfect candidate for
carrying around in a shirt pocket / bag etc...

It's fully programmable and has tons of options. The digital zoom is almost as good as my Canon Sx30.

If you are looking for an affordable camera at a great price, pick one up, you can't go wrong with this one.

The little bulge where the batteries are housed come in pretty hand when holding the camera, offers a much better
grip, I always have problem with the super flat models.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have had the camera for over a week now and I am very happy with it, a nice upgrade so to speak from the older Canon A590.

It is a very decent pocket camera capable of taking great pictures and videos and has plenty of adjustment options in the Program mode
to satisfy even the most demanding photographer for this style of camera.

Battery life on the A1300 is about 3-4 times of the A590, which is a huge plus. Considering that it uses two AA batteries, I carry an extra
pair of rechargeable with me at all times just in case.

Canon has eliminated the .AVI video shooting format in favor of .MOV format which can be a pain at times to deal with and having to convert
the videos for editing etc... but I guess it all depends on what editing software you are using and are comfortable with.

It's is optimized to shoot HD video in 720p, but will shoot the old 640x480 format in 4:3 aspect ratio which is what I had been using for the
DIYs to keep the size of the videos down.

I particularly like the size and weight of the camera, its a lot lighter than the A590 and more compact, easier to hold and shoot. The view
finder comes in handy on those sunny occasions when the LCD can wash out in bright sun light, it only zoom to the cameras 5x optical zoom
facotr, to take advantage of the digital zoom you will have to switch back to the LCD display.

It certainly was worth the $59.00 sale price I paid for, Wish I had bought a couple more as x-mas presents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts