Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow watching Fox last night, it just sad .
Seeing looting and theft and fires.
Well its just me , but being in service management , and family business
for 45 years and counting . This is how it would work here in Melbourne.
Looting / and breaking and entering would be meet with 12 gauge deadly force . Sorry about there luck black / white / green or any other.
You break in loot rob and destroy you are done problem solved.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
573 Posts
+1!
Right or wrong decision....doesn't give someone else the right to break the law! Peaceful demonstrations, yes, riot...NO!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
My question is , with all the time they had to prepare why wasn't the Nation Guard out there in force lined up in front of those buildings armed to the teeth ? That would have sent a message to the thugs who were just out to loot and burn . Michael Brown was a thug and a bully , minutes before he died he bully robbed a convenience store . Then he tried to bully a lone police officer and actually take his weapon away from him . And some are saying the police officer shot an unarmed poor black child ?

GIVE ME A BREAK

TheReaper!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just don't understand how all of these protestors can completely ignore the verdict of the jury. This isn't the 1800's where one is convicted on hear-say and first person accounts. No, we have very advanced forensic sciences that we use now. The dead do talk and they don't lie.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Have to agree with the above posts. That is all.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I just don't understand how all of these protestors can completely ignore the verdict of the jury.
They ignore the facts because this case to them is a part of a bigger issue.
A white police officer kills an unarmed black teenager are the only facts they choose to see. No other facts matter to this group. They see injustice, becasue they want to see injustice, the facts are secondary. Their perception is this sort of injustice happens all the time to this group. They’re angry and frustrated and the looting and the fires is there way to bring attention to their cause of their injustice….they also think these businesses are probably owned by white people and revenge is a motive. The ends justifies the means. .

It also doesn’t help to have the typical rebel rousers such as Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson fanning the flames.

The racial divide is so emotional in this country, there is just no way in my opinion to have an intelligent conversation across this racial divide.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wow watching Fox last night, it just sad .
Seeing looting and theft and fires.
Well its just me , but being in service management , and family business
for 45 years and counting . This is how it would work here in Melbourne.
Looting / and breaking and entering would be meet with 12 gauge deadly force . Sorry about there luck black / white / green or any other.
You break in loot rob and destroy you are done problem solved.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Wouldn't say I would blame you, but in this case the store would probably be torched and you would be handed over to the mob. Many of those shown looting were laughing, fooling around, and looking around for something else they would like to bring home. Politics mean nothing to them. They probably could care less if Brown deserved it or not. Such violence excites thugs. It messes up the message the orderly protesters are trying to send by taking all the attention away.

·
Registered
753 Posts
What is so pathetic is that these people are burning down their own community. Black owned and operated businesses are looted and burned to the ground. I mean, as moronic as rioters are, how can that make any sense to any of them?

It's difficult not to call someone a savage when that is exactly what they are acting like.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
What is so pathetic is that these people are burning down their own community. Black owned and operated businesses are looted and burned to the ground. I mean, as moronic as rioters are, how can that make any sense to any of them?

It's difficult not to call someone a savage when that is exactly what they are acting like.

A lot of the businesses that were burned out in the Detroit and L.A. riots never came back . I suppose that this is why most ghetto neighborhoods have no large modern grocery stores ? There are a lot really nice black people , what a shame a few ruin it for them .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
857 Posts
My question is , with all the time they had to prepare why wasn't the Nation Guard out there in force lined up in front of those buildings armed to the teeth ? That would have sent a message to the thugs who were just out to loot and burn . Michael Brown was a thug and a bully , minutes before he died he bully robbed a convenience store . Then he tried to bully a lone police officer and actually take his weapon away from him . And some are saying the police officer shot an unarmed poor black child ?

GIVE ME A BREAK

TheReaper!
I thought the national guard was there but they were only protecting government buildings. I could be wrong. I never understood rioters who burn down their own neighborhoods....

·
Registered
857 Posts
I also wonder if the response had been different had it been a black police officer...

·
Registered
704 Posts
I also wonder if the response had been different had it been a black police officer...
Within a week of Brown's killing there was a black police officer who shot an unarmed white kid in Utah. Didn't make the national news because it didn't fit the news media's agenda.

Makes me wonder why the government bought all the ammo the last couple years if they don't intend to use it. Save on court costs, reduce crime, cut the welfare rolls. Win all the way around.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Of course it would have been different. No question about it. Just like how the Jesse Jacksons and the Al Sharptons and the Louis Farrakhans all turn a blind eye when it is black on white violence. That is dog bites man there.

Millions of people are sick and tire of all the horrible people throwing the race card every chance they get. Indeed almost 100% of the time the ones screaming racism are themselves some of the most vile and racist people on the planet. But call them for what they are and suddenly you are the bad person!

Sad aint it? Such a sad state of affairs nowadays.

Is it 2016 yet? :(

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Of course it would have. A black officer killnig a black youth doesn't fit into their agenda that it's now an epidemic with white cops killing young black males ..so they would have no use for a story like that.

They also don't like it when someone tells them the truth that 93% of blacks are killed by other blacks. Or, when a black cop in Salt Lake City shot and killed an unarmed while male outsiede a 7-11 store in August...no one seemed to care.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have a feeling that many of the looters were out of towners who came to loot and destroy no matter what the decision was theywere just looking for an excuse, i believe the most of the locals just wanted to protest peacefully, too bad. i think if they came out with a law allowing law enforcement to shoot looters a lot of this would be stopped.
i think within the next 50 yrs there will be war in this country between blacks and whites, the whites can only take so much of this before things will explode. 1'm glad i am old and will be gone before that happens.

·
Registered
352 Posts
erv- I'm not sure it's going to wait another 50 years...

My question is- If Jackson, Sharpton, et al are so very, very concerned about making things "better" for black people, why aren't they permanently living in the South Side of Chicago? ;)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I blame these situations on the media and race baiters/publicity hounds. If this wasn't on the TV 24 hours per day, the race baiters and publicity seeker would not be there. Without widespread publicity, they would disappear.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I live just down down the road from Ferguson. I could see the smoke from the fires on my way to work this morning. This whole thing messed up. It was stupid to release the verdict at 8 o'clock pm. The looters are on equal ground with the cops at night. A story is going around that the federal justice dept. leaked the verdict to the Washington Post and that forced the county attourny to release the findings before they were ready. Governor Nixen is an idiot. He is the one who is in charge of the national guard and did not deploy them. These looters that did all of the damage for the most part, could care less about the Brown kid, who in his own right was a gang banging thug. The press did not help matters either, cameras show up and they act up for them. If the national media did not play this up, maybe none of this would be as bad as it is.There are some bad people not from Saint Louis, who are getting the locals to act up and they want to keep this anger going. What a waste, the ruination of peoples lively hood ,property, local, state, and federal resources. The whole thing sucks.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I choose to believe that the vast majority of protesters just wanted their night in the street to bring attention to a perceived problem they have with the local authorities. I also choose to believe that the jerks who caused all the problems were out of towners, there to stir up some s**t and have some fun at the expense of the peaceful demonstrators who left rather quickly. I have no doubt that if it were someone else who was shot, that thug would have burned and looted his own town just for kicks and loot. just sayin'

·
Registered
753 Posts
I used to live in another state in an area that had a relatively high black population. Not super high, but higher than the national average of 13%. Probably around 25-30%.

But almost every night on the news there was a story about a shooting or a stabbing and the probability of it being black on black was over 95%. Saturday nights during the summer there would be multiple shootings/stabbings. It seems most people just shrugged after so many years of it and just gave thanks that it wasn't them. I did too. But I also did something else- I moved. Was ready to live somewhere where the murder rate was not 2-3 a week but 2-3 a year. And some years less. In the town I live in there has only been 2 murders in 15 years. And one was a illegal alien that stabbed another illegal alien before fleeing back to Mexico. Excuse the pun, but I can live with stats like that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts