Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bryan/Greengoose, have you considered asking your web designers to include a full-text search option? You know, type in a keyword and get a list of threads containing that word?

It shouldn't be impossible to do, based on my modest knowledge of SQL. (Looks like your web host is using MySQL on the back end.)

Boy, it would save me so much head-scratching, trying to remember, "Now, where did I see that excellent post about ...."

Just food for thought -- no criticism of this wonderful site intended!

Best regards,
Chris

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Chris,

We have that. Cick on the "Search" link at the top of the index page. You can search on text, or for all posts by any forum member.

This forum software is a package. I also monitor a V-Strom forum that uses it. So I'm not sure how much customization Greengoose could get done. But I think the existing search function will fill the need you mentioned.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
ChrisLucey said:
<blush> Wow, that wasn't very observant of me, was it? I never noticed that option.
Ha! It took me about a month to notice that Bryan had added links to Gallery & Chat to the forum! :dontknow:

The other day my wife asked me if I knew why one of the neighbors had a huge dumpster in their driveway. I'm like "What Dumpster???"

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Paul,

The only way to get you to notice something to paint it 'new (forum) post' yellow or splatter 'Burgman accessory' all over it. :roll:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Chris, dont feel bad. I just noticed it about 10 minutes ago!! :cry: :oops:

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, JD, that does make me feel better! Now that I know where to find it :oops: , I've used the Search feature several times and it works just fine. Very helpful in tracking down those elusive, "Now, I know I saw that in here someplace" postings.

--Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts