Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy gave me this 2006 Suzuki Burgman AN 400 it is fuel injected. It has been sitting in a carport In Lakeland Florida for the past 5 years. I had it shipped up here and I am just now getting around to get it going. It will run with either but won't stay running I pulled the fuel line it is wet but doesn't have any pressure. And also the fuel gauge is not working. I am acustomed to working on old Hondas with carbs and gravity fed fuel supply. This is a new animal to me. I have a Haynes manual. But it is horrible at best. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sid

·
Premium Member
18,591 Posts
what he said, the 400 has a metal fuel tank and the filter that is inside the tank gets gunked up. search this site for more info and how it gets fixed, probably this is what's wrong with the indication too, save up plenty of inappropriate for children expressions to use when you are dealing with the fuel tank or you will run thru your months supply and still need more.

·
Premium Member
18,591 Posts
one more trick you can try, pop it up on center stand, open the throttle wide open and give it a few cranks, if it starts get off the throttle quick, if it don't ,it's time to do a fuel flow test

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
Ratted Out '07 AN400K7
82 Posts
Did it have gas in the tank for the 5 years it sat and if it did did it have fuel stabilizer in it? If not then the fuel inside the system might have gummed/varnished up causing the pump to not function. I would take the pump out of the tank and inspect it for gumming. Then clean the whole system out. Here is something that might help.
While you are at it you might inspect and clean your fuel injector as well. Nothing like getting a job done just to find another problem that will keep you from the sweet ride.
Good luck and let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just as fuel varnishes carbs, it will ruin (freeze) a fuel pump in less than 5yrs time. The injector may have survived (functionally) as it is NOT submerged in dead dinosaurs.

·
Registered
2003 Burgman AN400
32 Posts
What does the correct spray pattern look like?
I have tried to clean the one on my bike but, I did not see a super atomized pattern.
How are you guys cleaning your injectors?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yea I was seeing something like the ones on the far right. Would trying this thing below be wortha shot?

View attachment 99302
its for cars. I have that. couldnt use them. the problem is the power plug. theyre huge vs the scooter plug. the one in the scooter has a small plug, these wont fit. even alligator clips didnt fit in the injector connector. they are quite small

·
Registered
2003 Burgman AN400
32 Posts
its for cars. I have that. couldnt use them. the problem is the power plug. theyre huge vs the scooter plug. the one in the scooter has a small plug, these wont fit. even alligator clips didnt fit in the injector connector. they are quite small
Just to let you guys know. I was able to get the small connector to fit on the injector. It was a pain in the butt to make it all work together. Not to happy overall.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts