Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Burgman 650 recommends that the fuel line is replaced every 4 years, but I'm not able to find any instructions or videos on how to do this. Is this really necessary? :?:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm running a AN650K3 (2003) and a AN650K7 (2007) Executives both of which I purchased used, and neither of them have had fuel lines replaced. In all the 20+ motorcycles/scoots I have owned since the mid eighties I've never heard of replaced fuel lines. I'd expect to read "replace fuel filter" before I'd anticipate "replace fuel line"... Even my 1968 Pontiac Perisienne had the original fuel lines right up until I sold it ~15 years ago.
Guess from that it's a pretty safe bet that the fuel line is not a item swapped out that often, and not something I'd be concerned about unless there was an obvious need, like, being located some place where poor fuel quality was the norm...
YMMV

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
Replacing one would not be hard, it just clips on at each end. You would have to remove a good bit of body work to get to it though.

As to wether or not it is absolutely necessary, you will have to make that decision. I will just inspect mine and only replace it if it is showing signs of deteriation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I'll just inspect it from time to time to check for any problems.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
As long as it's not leaking it's fine. The fuel line is a molded heat shrunk one piece plastic fuel line it's not like the old days that had rubber hose.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not a bad idea to have new ones on hand, before you take apart an old bike, as when they get old they crumble when you mess with them. Then again stocking parts may be overkill. I have a bundle of polyurethane fuel line in a drawer just in case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts