Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My scooter won't start the fuel injection light blinks and the dash reads f1. After I installed my malossi variator it started. Then it sat for a couple of days. I then replaced my seat with a corbin. Now I can't even test drive it I,m bumming out. Help please. sammy

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Interesting. Another person who just purchased a used scooter with the Malossi variator is also having a problem with the FI light coming on from time to time. His will run though. I do not have a 400 service manual, so I cannot tell you what problem(s) "F1" indicates. Perhaps one of our members does have one and can look it up. Your owner's manual should have something regarding the FI light.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the problem it was a fuse; must of blown when I removed the seat light. Sorry to waste a post.I am amazed how easy these scoots are to access, also the corbin seat dosen't get you anymore leg room, but it definetly is more comfortable and raises you up about an inch. Test ride tomorow. Sammy

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
You are not the first... I recall someone blew a turn signal fuse and their scooter would not start. It is really wierd the comglomeration of stuff that they wire to a single fuse.

Keep your eye on that FI light thing though. Since someone else also reported it, I am wondering if the FI computer doesn't like that Malossi variator for some reason.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Oh boy,

Glad you figured it out...we want a full report of your malosi kit. I was going to sugguest you go back and check all the connections and fuses but you figured it out on your own. You didn't waste a posting ...just kept us all on the edge of our seats!!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Sammy a very useful post - not wasted at all.

Does anyone have a schematic of what the FI monitors so we can deduce if a Malossi would upset it. My gut feeling is that it would not 'know' and the 'box' is only sensing ambient temp, vacuum, engine rpm, throttle position and maybe throttle closed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
FI Light

Got lucky, left work Wednesday afternoon (temp was greater thn 60 deg)and the FI light came on. I was near the dealer and dropped by. He connected the analyzer switch and the error code was c21, which is the intake air temperature sensor. This closely backed up my analysis that the light came was related to air temperature. Had been coming on when less than 60 deg. He has ordered the part, but has not come in yet. The strange thing now is that I rode in today and the temperature was 54 deg and the light did not come on. I am baffled. I wonder if the wiring was loose and the technician troubleshooting resulted in a better connection. Let's see what happens over the next couple of days. :?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Corbin seat on the 400

sammy said:
I found the problem it was a fuse; must of blown when I removed the seat light. Sorry to waste a post.I am amazed how easy these scoots are to access, also the corbin seat dosen't get you anymore leg room, but it definetly is more comfortable and raises you up about an inch. Test ride tomorow. Sammy

Sammy:

Did you ever fix you leg room with the Corbin I need 3 or more inches of legroom but seems really expensive a Corbin without gaining any space for legs. I'm 6'2 32 inseem and i need more [/img]

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Just as an aside...my corbin busted out a lot of leg room for me on my 650. Maybe the Corbin 400 seats are a little "closer." Heck I can hardly reach the bars now! (Risers soon). Anyone know more about corbins on the 400? I just read the post about the "no more leg room" and said to myself Hmmmmm!? :scratch: That's very interesting....Justa thought. Pete.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts