Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
50 miles or less once you hit last bar
Less. Found out by running out on the interstate. I now figure about 25 miles until I am in a panic.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
If you are talking about with the last bar solid then 45 to 55 miles. If you are talking about the last bar blinking then 15 to 20 miles. Exact miles will depend on your riding conditions at the time and the mileage you are getting at the time.

According to the owners manual you have 0.4 gallon left when the last bar starts blinking. So you can go 16 miles if you are getting 40 mpg on that tank. You can go 20 miles if you are getting 50 mpg on that tank.

Personally I try to be within 30 miles of a station when the last bar comes on solid. If I do have to ride it until the last bar is blinking I try to go no more than 10 miles after that point.

·
Super Moderator
2,366 Posts
There were a couple times I hit that last bar on the highway in the middle of nowhere. In both cases I dropped the speed to ~50ish to stretch that last ~gallon as far as possible. At one point ended up putting 3.8 gallons in it..since then I've gotten in the habit of bringing along a (full) one gallon gas can just cuz I'm funny that way...

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
watch your mpg gauge or KM per litre gage.
There is usually 3 litres ( 3/4 of a gallon ) left at one bar solid. 60 km or so riding carefully.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good to know!
I have ridden mine to that last bar blinking....I wasn't sure how far I had before running out, but figured a blinking light is never a good thing, especially when it comes to the gas.
I try to keep it above 2 bars at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts