Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok accorrding to page 11 of my owners manual that I received with my bike, it shows that when I'm down to the last bar on the gauge representing 3.0 l remaining the gas pump symbol flashes. Now it also shows that at 1.5l remaining the solid bar should go clear and flicker while the pump symbol flashes.

Well I was out trying to push how far I could go on a tank of gas and while waiting for the last bar to go clear and flicker I ran the Burgy out of gas. Now is there a problem with the manual? Or is there a problem with my gauge?
Any response on this subject greatly appreciated. I don't know if I should be taking my scoot in to have them look at it or not.

·
Super Moderator
18,084 Posts
fuel

How many miles did you have on it? Typically I fill up 150-175 miles unless I'm driving it hard, then 125-150miles and still have .75-1 gal left.

·
Registered
67 Posts
As soon as it starts flashing I start to look for gas. I was tempted to try the same experiment that you did. My better sense told me not to. Now I'm glad I didn't. I think virtually all fuel gueges on bikes are crap. I think they should spend some money and invent something that is extremely precise. Something that will tell you how many ounces of fuel are in the tank and be accurate to within one ounce. :?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Allwalk,

Have a look in :-

" Aftermarket " Heading

Under

" Fuel Level Bars - Real Quantity Modification. "

Rgds Greg ...

P.S :- Pics are gone again ???

·
Registered
79 Posts
The other day I let mine go till the last segment was flashing along with the fuel icon... but I got to a station in time. So, yes, the last segment does flash before it goes dry - or at least it should.

Kenny

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine does flicker as well. But according to manual it shows that the solid bar should go clear and flicker,mine didnt. I am assuming that no one esle has tried to push it this far.
I reccommend that if you do that you have a small gas can with you ready with gas in it. These machines are a brute to push any distance!!!!!! They are definitely not the easyiest rolling chassis.

·
Registered
79 Posts
How true! I can't walk it forward while seated on it, and can barely move it backward... I have to sit down in front of the seat in order to get enough leverage to move it backward if there's the slightest incline.... :)

Kenny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts