Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fuel door is busted at the little spring loaded bracket that holds it open or closed. Partzilla has 'em for $36 but thought I would try here first. Mine is a 2007 non-Executive. Anyone out there "can help a brother out?"

I did not realize I was posting in the general forum. My bike is a 650.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry--haven't checked the forum in a while. The black hinge part is OK, its the little tabs on the fuel door itself that have failed. actually, only the lower tab. I tried JB weld and even plastic welding, but have not been successful. It will hold for a day or so then I guess the spring tension if too much. Not sure how a new door would be inserted onto the hinge, but there must be a way or they would not sell the pieces independently.

KMCampbell--I will give it another go with the JB Weld. That's marvelous stuff.

It's a white door.

Thanks to all for looking.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Sorry--haven't checked the forum in a while. The black hinge part is OK, its the little tabs on the fuel door itself that have failed. actually, only the lower tab. I tried JB weld and even plastic welding, but have not been successful. It will hold for a day or so then I guess the spring tension if too much. Not sure how a new door would be inserted onto the hinge, but there must be a way or they would not sell the pieces independently.

KMCampbell--I will give it another go with the JB Weld. That's marvelous stuff.

It's a white door.

Thanks to all for looking.
You might try a solvent based adhesive for ABS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts