Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have discovered a red rubber bung 40mm long and of 43mm diameter tapering down to 34mm. These are readily available on Ebay. I haven't been on a run yet with it but I don't expect any problems and it must be a big improvement on the screwed-up plastic bag I have just rode 3000 miles with after losing my original cap somewhere in Belgium or France. I'll let you know. I intend to attach a line to it so it doesn't get lost and it has the GREAT advantage of fitting and removing with one hand. I have no worries about fuel-theft nor sand (etc ) in the tank.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I find it here somewhere , you'll be the first to know
That's very kind of you, but I think it lies near a petrol-pump somewhere on the way to Mulhouse, France.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It must take some determination to loose the fuel cap.
Personally, I'd miss the ignition key.
The key was in the cap and it was a shortened copy and therefore expendable.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
(1) Probably why it was lost! (2)There should be an aftermarket cap of some type that fits this scooter if it can be identified.
(1) Wrong. The reason it was lost was because I rested it on my luggage when filling up and forgot about it. (2) Somewhere in the scrap-yards there probably is a cap that fits, but finding it would take up too much time. I'll stick with my bung providing there are no tank-breathing problems. As I said - I'll let you know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts