Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

On my BMW, there is a way to modify the fuel cap so that a key is not needed to unlock it.

Has anyone figured out how to do this on the Burgman?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Yep...on a burg 400,
buy a gas cap for a 2000
Honda Civic...about $7.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
I will be ordering one today before I break my key off with my bad habit of using the key to twist open the cap. What a pain!

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
You may find a gas cap at the
junk yard.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
You only need to unlock it with the key. Then just start to twist it open & pull the key out & finish twisting it open.;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have an'09 400 and I read here that if you pull up on the gas cap, it will unscrew just fine. Tried it and it works. Saved $7.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I don't think its too much of a problem using the key to unlock it. At least it makes me remove the keys from the ignition - if I modified mine I'd still have to take the keys out when I went to pay or petrol in case the bike got stolen.

·
Registered
137 Posts
No go for pulling up on the gas cap. I also have a 2009 400.
Went back out to he garage. Pulled up on cap, no go. Pulled up and gave it a squeeze, and it unscrewed. If it doesn't work the first time, move your hand to a different spot and try again.

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I have an'09 400 and I read here that if you pull up on the gas cap, it will unscrew just fine. Tried it and it works. Saved $7.
Worked great on my 08. Just don't tighten it real tight.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I've got something like that on mine and it works just fine. I saw no need for a locking gas cap on a scooter...... like, who's gonna steal that meager amount of gas? ;)
In some places gasoline is far more expensive than it is in the United States. And it prevents one sort of vandalism (crud added to the fuel) as well. But, yeah, for most US riders, it's probably a moot issue.

·
Registered
427 Posts
WOW, I had been doing it like DesertRat, worked fine but still a pain.

My 2011, squeeze gently on non reinforced sides, lift slightly and turn, comes right off. Thanks, I saved $6.00 usd

1 - 20 of 39 Posts