Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FS: Russell Day Long dual saddle, all vinyl, with backrest for Burgy 650. It's on a 2007, don't know what other years it will fit. Was built on original pan.
Excellent condition never down, no scrapes or tears. Bought it new from Russell. I've got over $1,000 in it. Will sell for $850, shipped, to lower 48.
In Denver, CO area.

Whit Brown
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Russell

I'm going to enjoy watching this post...
My experience in selling my Russell on this site was eye opening.
This is a very fiscally conservative crowd. ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes, about half price is about all I've ever been able to get on anything used, here, on a photo forum, or ebay. Good luck tho with your sale.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, about half price is about all I've ever been able to get on anything used, here, on a photo forum, or ebay. Good luck tho with your sale.
Yeah, I understand guys, thanks, just thought I'd put it on here first and someone could save a couple hundred $. The shipping, which I'd pay for, will cost $30 to $50.
If it doesn't move I'll pursue Craigslist or other venues.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm going to enjoy watching this post...
My experience in selling my Russell on this site was eye opening.

He is right there it seems like. My RDL looks identical to yours (same backrest too) and I got it on ebay for around $650. Pretty sure that I would have a bit of difficulty selling it for that again.

Whoever does buy it sure will get a great saddle. The one I bought for my Burgman was my third and I doubt that it will be my last. My butt is worth the best!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Actually if you got half of what you paid for your used items , that is pretty good these days . As far as the forum members being thrifty (cheap:D) , that's pretty much the re-sell market around the world now . The larger items like a seat are even more difficult because of the shipping cost .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
765 Posts
The shipping, which I'd pay for, will cost $30 to $50.
Er, uh, Good luck with that! Unless you are shipping it across town .... It will be considerably more. $125 from MI. to. TN. Very recently via USPS. Big box and lots of weight makes it costly to ship. YMMV?

Sirkitrider

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just put Russell on CL for $800

Whit

·
Registered
296 Posts
What does the Russell seat do to the stock 29.5" seating height?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Just put Russell on CL for $800

Whit
That's probably your best bet to sell locally . I would do $700 shipped but with shipping cost we're probably still to far apart .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Actually I was looking for a day long seat for my 2009 burgman 650 executive but this is a little pricey for me I want to add custom covering to the seat it would cost 1,500

·
Registered
19 Posts
i'm going to enjoy watching this post...
My experience in selling my russell on this site was eye opening.
yes i was looking at you seat when i became a member on this sight i would have bought it but it was sold when i saw the posting i called russell cycle seat and the told me they wouldn't make me a seat because i want to put custom gator and ostrich vinyl on the seat they said this would void warranty i told them i did not care cause im building a custom burgman like my goldwing

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If you are going to add the ostrich covering to the seat, which is for a custom bike, price is not really that important. It is said quite often, but then in the next breath comes "I spent $X,XXXXXX dollars for chrome this, custom that. In the end you will get what you really want to get regardless of price. Go ahead and buy this seat and start the customization.

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you are going to add the ostrich covering to the seat, which is for a custom bike, price is not really that important. It is said quite often, but then in the next breath comes "i spent $x,xxxxxx dollars for chrome this, custom that. In the end you will get what you really want to get regardless of price. Go ahead and buy this seat and start the customization.
well i totally disagree cost always matter when anything is being built i also have a 2004 limited busa turbo and a wing if i know how i would put pics up of them these 2 bikes if i had to sell them i would loose my tail so i totally disagree even if you did the work yourself like im going to do you can buy a day long for 1000 dollars

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Russell has been SOLD, thanks all.

Russell has been SOLD, thanks all.

:grin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts