Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for sale a Clearview Windshield that I just took off my '06 Burgman 650 (Non Executive). It will fit Burgman 650 2003-2012. It's the medium height, clear, with 5 way adjustable vent. The screen is in great condition and was on my bike for about 1500 miles. I replaced it with a taller Givi touring screen. This one is about 1.5" taller than the factory windshield. All original paperwork and receipt will be included. These sell for about $250 new. I am asking $160 shipped in the US. Paypal accepted. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Crap, it is for a standard and I have an Executive. Don't want to poke any more hole in it either to make it fit. I am afraid that if I did, the thing might be too weak. Someone on a standard Burgie will get to buy this good deal.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Beat me to it - I'd have snagged it if it was an exec as well.
I'm going to try the 2" holes in the screen between the mounts and see if that helps back pressure with my standard Clearview on the Exec.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
It may already have the holes to fit the Executive in it. Depends on when it was made. The Clearview that came off my 05 standard already had the holes to bolt it on my 07 Exec and I did not have to drill anything.

The black mask on the back of it that hides the mount does not exactly match the Exec mount but it is close enough that no one has ever noticed it when they are looking at the bike unless I point it out to them.

·
Administrator
20,114 Posts
PSIDY, I may be in the need of one. I will check my funds to see if I can PayPal to ya. If you can sell it before me, fine, go for it. :D

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Dang... if I weren't so broke right now I'd definitely hop on it. Been looking for a shorter shield. Oh well, in the unlikely event that it's still around two Fridays from now, I'll be back!

·
Administrator
20,114 Posts
Dang... if I weren't so broke right now.....
Ditto. I can not seem to come up with the $160, not even close right now.

Trying to sell a broke trans 94 Turbo Legacy wagon and my 80 GL1100 Goldwing that I crashed in 2009. No takers.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
I had to copy it over to picture manager and play with the contrast and brightness to get it where I could tell but it looks like it only has the holes for the standard drilled in it.

It's real easy to drill holes in this plastic. A twist drill bit run at a slow speed with light pressure cuts right through it. Lay the old screen on top of the new one and line up the top two holes with the ones already in it. Mark the two bottom hole locations than drill them out.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Knowing this, I would have nabbed it up BUT I am leaving in 2 hours on a four day motorcycle trip. So guys, have at it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts