Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Frustrated With Dealerships

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  lloyd123 
I believe the reason is that some dealerships get enough turn over on their inventory to allow demo models. No one wants to buy a "new" bike with a couple hundred miles on it. They get some kind of arrangement with the manufacturer to keep them from taking a big loss on having those demo models. The local Honda dealer has demo models, and clearly they are interested in selling you a motorcycle, not in allowing "joy" rides.

As for the used model, there's always the question of what happens if it is wrecked. If the bike is on consignment, who pays for the damages? The rider? The dealership? Or the owner? I sold my 2007 400 a couple years ago and ran into that situation on my own as a private seller. I was very picky about having anyone ride the bike, because all they had to do was to drop it in the parking lot and say, "Wow, that's a really unstable bike. I'm not interested any more. Bye."

So I guess I'm trying to say there's more factors involved sometimes than meets the eye.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.