Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a burgman 200 about a month ago. At the time of purchase I added some accessories to the deal. Which at the time they told me was in stock. Carrier plate, top box, backrest and mounting bracket. 3 of the four came in within a week. Hey where is the carrier plate? Dealer responds it wasn’t in stock.. wtf? They tell me it will be in on may 6th according to the computer. Guess what may 6th, no part and they tell me it’s now delayed until June 6th. Probably be delayed again. I can feel it. But if you go on Suzuki cycles the part says in stock add to cart
anyway I ask them what are my options to which they respond… none. Since it’s tied to your loan there is nothing I can do but wait. Sound right to you guys. I’m ready to grab a shad or Givi Mount, then just screw threw the box into the corresponding holes in those mounts. Then use the monies from the official Suzuki plate that’s on back order toward the tall windshield. That’s if I bitch enough and they let me swap. I really need the darn box for the storage. Beach trips require it.
Thanks for letting me vent

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
no wonder theyre called stealerships

here, theyre all thieves and snakes. talk to them before you make a move. they gave their word for parts, show them it says in stock, and have them move things along. truthfully, you can make one out of wood if you needed too, till it came.

after this, you want to give them more money? I wouldnt. would get what I needed from someone else. and not give them a cent anymore.

customer service is just as important after selling a product.

·
Premium Member
18,412 Posts
True dat! and will continue in the future. Dealers aren't in the business of making you happy, They have a niche market and don't need to exert themselves. independents struggle and work hard for every penny. Even they can't move the supply chain.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
know the feeling merf. ordered 10 oem accessories from a 'dealer' april 16, so far only 1 has arrived. was searching the internet for something else and stumbled across another dealer had 8 of the 9 oem accessories I'm still waiting to arrive. the catch....it would cost an about $375 more to purchase these online from another dealer that has them on hand. being I paid the original dealer outright, I could do it, but have a feeling they would fight me over giving a refund.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I searched high and low for the carrier plate. Raided the net. Found nobody. The ones that did show the piece, all said it was out of stock. Parts sept told me if I find another dealer with it to let them know and they will try and source it form them. No luck.

·
Premium Member
18,412 Posts
I am beginning to wonder if the new marketing technique of elimmminating warehouses and their overhead is partly responsible for our supply problems. The idea for companies to save money by matching very closely the supply and demand and eliminating the warehouse overhead from the chain, so you gotta wait for the factory to produce more than expected and then ship to your local area instead of have a handful in a warehouse and shipping from a centdral distribution point, Yeah, it saves the factory/company money, and the consumer still gets his product but there is a time lag and consumer loses satisfaction while company gains profits thru lower overhead costs, this ain;t yer grandpa's oldsmobile anymore and we are just spoiled to the good times we had.

btw Cuba found the answer to the supply demand thing, makeityerowndamself, local craftsmen make everything from bolts and nuts to farm tractor tires.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wish i had done the research prior to this BS.. I can get a givi seup imported. plate and box for less than the Suzuki carrier plate by itself.. thats even taking in to consideration their 20 percent off for buying the bike

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
wish i had done the research prior to this BS.. I can get a givi seup imported. plate and box for less than the Suzuki carrier plate by itself.. thats even taking in to consideration their 20 percent off for buying the bike
live and learn merf. gotta do your homework.

·
Registered
2014 Burgman 400
474 Posts
Nowadays, I always inquire about parts availability wherever I buy, I do it thru email, text, etc., calling and asking is not best way IME (neither placing order over phone), your are adding human factors, it becomes ”you said, he said", when you place order "Electronically" specify in comments box, ordering based on information of stock by...etc., and state your backorder limits or check no backorder !!

All that said, I bought most of OEM parts from Ron Ayers for over 20 years, best price/service, in the last 2 years got lot's of parts to restore my SW600, some had delays/backorders, in all cases they where clearly explained/expected.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want to order the Givi and just sell the Suzuki box/mount/carrier.. but with my luck on the day the Givi is going to be delivered…. Boom the carrier is all of a sudden in stock.

·
Registered
2014 Burgman 400
474 Posts
Inquire with p/n at Ron Ayers, they will tell you availability of the part, no strings attached, do it today, may get answer tomorrow, the dealer is closed Monday, but parts guys are there M-F.
All major dealers source parts from similar sources, at least you know if they are FOS or ??

Reactions: BiGMERF

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Inquire with p/n at Ron Ayers, they will tell you availability of the part, no strings attached, do it today, may get answer tomorrow, the dealer is closed Monday, but parts guys are there M-F.
All major dealers source parts from similar sources, at least you know if they are FOS or ??
min sorry ask who ? Is that the name of the guy here ? On the board ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ron Ayers got back to me.. Nationwide Back order.. Never thought there was such a high demand.. Ive never even seen a 200 on the road... the hand few burgers ive seen are all 400's

·
Registered
2014 Burgman 400
474 Posts
I've actually seen quite a few B200 riding around in my area, more so closer to big universities and coastal areas, fairly common hitch carrier scooter for RV'ers.(lightweight).

Reactions: BiGMERF
1 - 19 of 19 Posts