Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Front Tire

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Joe7911 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2013 Burgman 650. I'm only at 3,860 miles and for the last 1,000 miles I have had at slow speed the front tire track weird and front get a wobble. I took to a shop and they found my left side of tire cupping. So I decided that I change the tire. Yesterday I did the job and found that there is a wear mark on the inside from the Dynabeads and they were not broken up like I was told could happen. I don't know if the internal wear or tire defect. The tire also shows premature wear, I ride it easy and always keep the air pressure at 33 per my manual. I installed a Metzler Feel Free and static balance, took a short ride and you can not believe the difference on the handling. I will have to get used to it but on turns I just start the turn and bike follows. It's hard to put into words but a big difference with old tire I had to lean harder to make turns. I will take on longer drive and see at higher speeds. I took a couple of pictures one of the inside and one showing flat spots on tire.

#2 ·
I'm confused. If that's the original 3860 mile tire, why did it have Dynabeads? It would have come balanced new.

#4 ·
The weight fell off @ about 580 miles. So I had the dealer put in Dynabeads front and rear.
I have used Dynabeads for years but this is the first time I remove the tire, normally I trade the bike before it needs tires. I feel this was a defective tire but there is damage from the dynabeads. I plan to remove the rear tire this week and inspect it and balance it on the static balancer. I learned that to break down a tire and install you need 2 people if you don't have a tire machine. I did it took me over 3 hours and scratched my rim. Don't want to catch the rear one.

#5 · (Edited)
I like the Metzler but it did feel a little heavy at slow speeds. The tire is a totally different construction and design than the Bridgestone as you can see in picture below.
So I tried something new I always put 33 LB in front and 41 Rear. So today I got up early and I put 35b in front and made sure the rear was 41lb. I took it for a ride and perfection did not ride hard still a very smooth ride but handling at low speed was greatly improved and at 70mph is handled excellent. In the picture you will see partly why. Metzler Feel Free Composition is very different, accounting for a more tire contacting road ¾" to 1" more than the Bridgestone thats is why rides better with more air the Burgman 650 with me @ 240lb is a lot of weight. The Metzler has 2 Ply Rayon and 1 Ply steel Inflation Max is 42lb same rating "H" and same wight capacity 294lb. The Brigestone is 2 Ply Aramid and 2 Ply Nylon. all I can go by is what I have read. Metzler has been winning most all races for years and they used that technology on theFeel Free tire. They claim better traction specially in the rain and more contact with road so I have tested traction and foot print, I haven't yet tested Milage and Rain.
IN the Picture the Metzler is on the left on right Bridgestone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.