Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those that have used front page 2000, how do you make a page secure. Where you have to enter a logon name and password to access it???

Thanks for any info.
Nancy

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think your spell check is broken..LOL

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
It's been several years since I used Frontpage but I think it's under 'Tools/Security Permissions' There's a tab that let's you assign permisions at the user level. Another trick is to use subwebs to assign different permissions for only a specific part of the website. I believe that for the Frontpage security to work, you must have the Frontpage extensions installed on the server.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my security button isn't able to be selected.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
My guess is either you don't have the permission required to set permission levels or may not have the server extensions installed.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think it's the permission deal. oh well. i found a program online that i was able to use. i'll have to check my sister's computer and see if she's able to click on the security button.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Pinwheel said:
for those that have used front page 2000, how do you make a page secure. Where you have to enter a logon name and password to access it?
I am stealing this from a FrontPage (FP) 2002 book.
Assuming you have the administrative privileges,
1. Open your FP 2002-enable Web site with the FP 2002 program FILE > Open Web. This would be the site from your Web hosting provider.
2. Select Tools > Server > Permissions to access the FP 2002 Web Administration functions.
3. The administration options are displayed in a browser window. Select Manage Users.
4. The Manage Users page displays a list of all authorized users for this site, and the level of permissions assigned to each...

Basically you will have to set up the username and password for each person you allow in. See also Here.

Just tedious.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts