Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

On my Burgman that I am fixing up for my daughter part of the front fairing is off. Looking it up online it appears to be called the front leg cover. It is a long piece near the top of the fairing.

One of the mounting tabs is broken off. Thus I cannot mount it back onto the scooter. Can this mounting tab be rebuilt? Then i guess i just need to figure out what size screws hold it on.

Thanks,
Glenn

·
Premium Member
14,249 Posts
If you still have the tab that broke off then it can probably be plastic welded back on. I've plastic welded tabs back on both my 400 and 650. If you don't have it then that will be more problematic. You going to figure out what it looks like and fabricate one to weld on from scrap plastic.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Auto body shops often have huge stacks of damaged bumpers lying around, from which you could cut out a donor part.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Fiberglass will works as well for fabricating a new tab.
Just mirror image the tab on the other side of the scoot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cut a bit yourelf and use a soldiring iron and black cable ties as the solder/glue- don`t put your head directly the thing you are soldering, go on ask me how i know
Ray

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Visit the plumbing section at Lowes, ABS pipe is the same material. Use a soldering iron to weld. Sure beats paying out a few $100s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts