Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I got the seals, but now I can't take the piston out. It says in the manual to use 2 special tools. Anyone know how to take it apart without those tools? Thx.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Maybe the 06 & older is different then the 07 I had. My son & I resealed mine without any special tools.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
I've never taken mine apart so I looked at the manual to see what you were referring to. I assume you are talking about the T handle and Attachment A.

The T handle is just a drive to fit the attachment and a 3/8 rachet would do. That's what it appears they are using in the picture in the manual.

The attachment A just looks like a fancy spline drive bit. A torx bit has half as many engagement points but would probably be easier to find than a spline drive and should work. I checked the largest torx in my set (a T50) and it was a loose fit on my 06 400. You would need a larger size than that, probably a T55. I did a quick google search and found this one at Autozone. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Duralast-T55-star-bit/_/N-26ux?counter=1&itemIdentifier=864639_0_0_&target=shelf You should be able to find them at other places.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANK YOU Buffalo!! That worked perfectly for me. I was finally able to get them resealed and taken care of.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Glad you got it worked out.
I use an allen wrench for those spline bolts and just hope I don't strip them. ;)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
THANK YOU Buffalo!! That worked perfectly for me. I was finally able to get them resealed and taken care of.
So was the T55 torx bit that Buffalo suggested the size you used?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've done my seals a few weeks back, looked into the attachment A but from looks of it is is just a cone object that stops the inner part from rotating when removing the bottom bolt. I just used a pipe and wrapped enough electric tape. The tape hold the inner pipe while removing the bottom screw with the impact.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts