Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the stock rectangular fork deflectors on a 2009 Burgman 650? I do not currently have access to the bike to perform the measurements myself and would appreciate it if you can help me out.

Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
1 1/4 inches wide 3 3/8 inches long and 3/8 of an inch thick with one bolt in the center. that is on my 2012 and I believe it is the same as a 2009 Jay

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've been thinking about replacing mine with LED lights, they are available in sizes close to the Burgman reflectors. I think I would go with the rectangle ones on the rear same as the front for better looks.

John

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LED Reflector ideas

In the past, on other bikes that I have owned with side reflectors, I drilled a hole in the stock reflector and added a small single LED to the reflector before remounting. That way I did not lose the reflective attributes of the stock reflectors when the bike was shut down and had lit markers when the bike was powered up. I was also looking at the Goldwing LED fork lights and rear end lights as another option, but needed the dimensions of the reflectors to see what works best on the Burgman 650. Now that I have the dimensions it will make the lighting search that much easier.

It's a safety thing for me. I personally am not into lighting up a bike like a christmas tree, yet a few subtle LED's strategically located on a bike will increase visibility without annoying the wildlife when traveling down a dark country road.:p

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Northstar1951, I think your idea of adding a small single LED to the reflector is best. If your LED burnt out you would still have the reflector in place. That may just save you a ticket for not having the side markers (if the LEDS burnt out) as they are required by law most places.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Northstar1951, I think your idea of adding a small single LED to the reflector is best. If your LED burnt out you would still have the reflector in place. That may just save you a ticket for not having the side markers (if the LEDS burnt out) as they are required by law most places.
Never thought about the ticket possibilities for lack of a reflector. Good catch. Once I get the bike out of winter storage I will take a look at the reflectors closely to see if mounting a small LED is feasible. If not, then I will probably have to leave well enough alone.

Thank you everyone for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts