Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered that I am missing the 2 rear bolts for the front fender. Looks like they screw in from the wheel side. Can someone with a service manual please tell me the size of these bolts. I'll either get them myself or through the dealer.

2008 B650 Exec.

Thanks,
T

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Bolt size is 20mx6m, below are a few pics of it...
[attachment=1:3b72eedc]Burgman 650 front fender screw 01.jpg[/attachment:3b72eedc]
[attachment=0:3b72eedc]Burgman 650 front fender screw 02.jpg[/attachment:3b72eedc]

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent, thanks LeDude.

Of course the dealer has to order these but he said that they would put something in temporarily. At least now I can suggest the proper size. BTW, these look like they will be a bear to get in without taking the front tire off.

Thanks,
T

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Here is another thread on the same topic from my index: http://colchicine.googlepages.com/burgmanpopulartopics

Front Fender removal

viewtopic.php?p=270703#p270703

I was also missing one of those bolts, but I made my own replacement.

I have hands that fit size Large gloves, and I can work these bolts without removing the wheel, which I feel is unnecessary. If you want to an excuse to buy tools, ratcheting box-end wrenches are perfect for this job!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all,

Went to a dealer today and they installed a couple of bolts that worked. Not the ones that LeDude showed but they work fine. Took the tech about 15 min to get the bolts in, it is a tight fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just discovered that I am missing the 2 rear bolts for the front fender. Looks like they screw in from the wheel side. Can someone with a service manual please tell me the size of these bolts. I'll either get them myself or through the dealer.

2008 B650 Exec.

Thanks,
T
[/QU
10mm

2008 B650 Exec.

Thanks,
T
They re 10 mm

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the front fender of a 2007 Burgman 400 do I need to screws on each side of the front fender on the outside and the inside or we'll just the outside work

·
Super Moderator
2,366 Posts
Good question.
You may want to post that in the 400 section. There's some cross over of course, but this is the section for the earlier 650s.

In the front fender of a 2007 Burgman 400 do I need to screws on each side of the front fender on the outside and the inside or we'll just the outside work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts