Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the torque spec. of the bolts holding on the front brake disc? I'm having my front tire replaced and I always remove my disc before I take my wheel to the local dealer. That way they won't have to and they can't screw them up. Thanks Tom

P.S. Is the rear the same? I'm doing that next.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Liamjs, I appreciate the quick reply but I'm looking for the torque requirement of the bolts that hold the disc to the wheel itself not the caliper.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
23 Nm (2.3 kgf-m, 16.5 lb-ft). or see attachment.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
23 Nm (2.3 kgf-m, 16.5 lb-ft). or see attachment.
I just hand tighten mines, Had to replace the Rotors with new ones, Now the Rotors Screws you can't put to much Torque on them there only go in So Much!!

Was much to early to replace the Rotors But do to a Bearing Failure , The Old Rotors took lots of Damage!!!

GOLDfren 904-502F Made in Europe

Elliott,

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I just hand tighten mines, Had to replace the Rotors with new ones, Now the Rotors Screws you can't put to much Torque on them there only go in So Much!!

Was much to early to replace the Rotors But do to a Bearing Failure , The Old Rotors took lots of Damage!!!

GOLDfren 904-502F Made in Europe

Elliott,
those rotors look bigger than the stock ones, why did you go with those? do they give you more stopping power or something like that?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
those rotors look bigger than the stock ones, why did you go with those? do they give you more stopping power or something like that?
There the same Size as the Stock!! a few MM taller. There were cheaper then the Stock Ones, Paid for these $188 Stock $250

These have great Stopping Power! there just don't have the Black Paint like the Stock ones i might Paint them to Match the Original Stock Look.

The streak you See fernando, is the Brakes Pads , have not broke in when i took this Picture But there much Bigger Streak Now!!

Now! The Stock Ones, Japan Made are Much to Soft!! One reason why you Always stick with the Stock Brake Pads, I had Performance breaks, and there not good for the Suzuki Rotors ,It will eat thru them like Butter, But the Guy said these New Rotors you can use any Performance Brake Pads and there won't be barely any ware, I have to replace my Rear Rotor All so ,there just about Worn All so Do to the Performance Brake Pads, So Stick with the Stock Brake Pads everybody.. Save your Rotors LIFE!!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
There the same Size as the Stock!! a few MM taller. There were cheaper then the Stock Ones, Paid for these $188 Stock $250

These have great Stopping Power! there just don't have the Black Paint like the Stock ones i might Paint them to Match the Original Stock Look.

The streak you See fernando, is the Brakes Pads , have not broke in when i took this Picture But there much Bigger Streak Now!!

Now! The Stock Ones, Japan Made are Much to Soft!! One reason why you Always stick with the Stock Brake Pads, I had Performance breaks, and there not good for the Suzuki Rotors ,It will eat thru them like Butter, But the Guy said these New Rotors you can use any Performance Brake Pads and there won't be barely any ware, I have to replace my Rear Rotor All so ,there just about Worn All so Do to the Performance Brake Pads, So Stick with the Stock Brake Pads everybody.. Save your Rotors LIFE!!

which break pads are you using? are they any better than stock ones?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
which break pads are you using? are they any better than stock ones?
SUMO Breaks!! are or Might be China as well.. saids Assembled in Japan on the Package, But we, Seen that Scam Before..

I used to Use EBC

Here's ebay's break pads list,

now the GOLDfren, EBC, RB, the rest of them Might or are China, Stay away from the China ones..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Suzuki+brake+pads&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XSuzuki+burgman+brake+pads&_nkw=Suzuki+burgman+brake+pads&_sacat=0

1 - 10 of 10 Posts