Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A group of riders from Club Burgman Spain is coming to USA to take this tour, starting August 1st and taking 16 days to finish it.

If you live in the Chicago area, or Los Angeles area, and want to meet them please let me know or post here.

Also if you would like to be part of this ride post here or PM me.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Sure! Love to meet them. If they're interested in a ride and have a few hours, I am an organizer for the largest scooter group in Los Angeles and know all the best roads to ride, best road side eateries, etc.

Weekend would be best as I get limited time off. But let me know. See if we can work this out.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hi, I'm Pepe Carballo, President of the Club Burgman Spain, and would love to meet with a member of your club anywhere at Route 66.

See you.
Route 66 in Los Angeles is now most just city streets like Foothill blvd. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foothill_Boulevard_(Southern_California)
Not much to see except urban sprall.

It does end at Santa Monica pier however. Which is a must for any Route 66 rider.

View attachment 27473

There is some good riding somewhat along Route 66 up in Mount Baldy. But that would be very hot in August.

If you really want the California experience, however, you MUST ride up Pacific Coast Highway. You can start from Santa Monica Pier and ride north, as far as your time allows. You will recognize it by the hundreds, if not thousands, of movies and television shows that have filmed here over the decades.

Just a suggestion, but I'd skip the Route 66 part in Los Angeles and head for the coast, especially in August.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure! Love to meet them. If they're interested in a ride and have a few hours, I am an organizer for the largest scooter group in Los Angeles and know all the best roads to ride, best road side eateries, etc.

Weekend would be best as I get limited time off. But let me know. See if we can work this out.
Thanks Liamjs for your offer. I hope you will be able to get in touch with them to organize a local tour in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Old Rt.66 through Missouri has some real scenic spots.
Don't miss Cuba, Missouri, right along Interstate 44.
That town thrives on Route 66 nostalgia.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Unfortunately not go with our own Burgman 650, we rented Harley Davidson in chicago.

salu2
Oh boy. HDs in hot weather. Maybe I'll see you in Los Angeles. Lol.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Liamjs, do not discourage them, they are not the first ones to do this, and they won't be the last ones either.

I hope you will be able to meet them in LA.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Liamjs, do not discourage them, they are not the first ones to do this, and they won't be the last ones either.

I hope you will be able to meet them in LA.
Sorry, just a joke. I'm sure they'll be fine. Looking forward to it!

Any other Los angleans want to get in on this?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Liam - I just stumbled upon this thread. I've got commitments Aug. 8 -11, but would be up for it if the date works out.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
What ever happed to this ride? I volunteered to meet them in Los Angeles, but never heard a word from them. No PMs. No updates on this thread. Nothing.

If you spaniards are out there... Hope you had a good time. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts