Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the brothers from deep in the bowels of the former Motor City calls me and says “Reaper I got a 06 650 Burg on the line 10K on the clock no title” I ask “what’s the problem with the title ?” he says :"it’s not hot , the original owner can’t be contacted” I ask “why can’t can’t the original owner be contacted ? “ He says “the original owner is doing life no parole” :rolleyes:

You can’t make this stuff up ............TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I had wondered how you ended up with that bike...

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had wondered how you ended up with that bike...

Doug from Kentucky

NOPE ! This is another one that had a different title problem . I turned this one from the prison deal down . That said if the price comes down some I may still get it but I'm pretty much good for now . I've been trying to accumulate a complete set of good plastics , in other words an entire body . Right now I only need a few small pieces and I'll have it .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Why can he not be contacted? Even lifers get mail in prison, unless he is in Siberia or such. He may not want to be contacted but that is different.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why can he not be contacted? Even lifers get mail in prison, unless he is in Siberia or such. He may not want to be contacted but that is different.

I have no clue , I never knew any one who got life . If I do get involved with it I'll have a friend check the vin out first . I knew of some guys who let their bikes go back when the economy hit the skids in 08 , they called the finance co. and told them to come and get it but they never showed up . One guy was waiting over a year and nothing , he even called them several more times and still last I heard it was still there . My best guess is these title problems are not stolen but lien problems ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
In Virginia, there are a couple of legitimate ways to get a title when the original is not available. It might be the same in your state. My brother has a garage and has used them a couple of times. You can apply for a title if a vehicle has been abandoned on your property. You fill out the proper form and send it to the DMV. They will attempt to contact the owner and/or the finance company. If there is no response, they will send you a title. If they respond, they can pick up the vehicle after paying you storage charges or provide you with a title. You can do the same thing with a vehicle you have and have gotten no response for towing and storage charges.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In Virginia, there are a couple of legitimate ways to get a title when the original is not available. It might be the same in your state. My brother has a garage and has used them a couple of times. You can apply for a title if a vehicle has been abandoned on your property. You fill out the proper form and send it to the DMV. They will attempt to contact the owner and/or the finance company. If there is no response, they will send you a title. If they respond, they can pick up the vehicle after paying you storage charges or provide you with a title. You can do the same thing with a vehicle you have and have gotten no response for towing and storage charges.
It used to be pretty easy here , it took about a month but I always got the title . I think it was around the first of the year they changed the procedures and from what I understand it's now darn near impossible . From what I understand these loans were packaged up and sold over and over again on Wall Street and in the end no one knows who owns what . :rolleyes:

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I From what I understand these loans were packaged up and sold over and over again on Wall Street and in the end no one knows who owns what .
Sounds like my student loan, it just transferred to a new company, again for the 5th or 6th time.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Sounds like my student loan, it just transferred to a new company, again for the 5th or 6th time.
Like Argentina's debts: A small part of it was picked up for grabs by US finance companies, and now a New York judge has frozen Argentina's accounts, so they can't pay their other creditors unless the US companies get 100% paper value whereas the other creditors only got 30%.

I don't think it's fair, considering they bought the debts for 10% or less than the nominal value.

Their methods is like when Hells Angels buy debts and cut-off fingers as persuasion.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like Argentina's debts: A small part of it was picked up for grabs by US finance companies, and now a New York judge has frozen Argentina's accounts, so they can't pay their other creditors unless the US companies get 100% paper value whereas the other creditors only got 30%.

I don't think it's fair, considering they bought the debts for 10% or less than the nominal value.

Their methods is like when Hells Angels buy debts and cut-off fingers as persuasion.
You are right , Wall Street runs the country now . They took over the United States Government without firing a shot , they did it with a very small amount of money put into the right hands .

aka CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS

30 years ago I would never have believed that this could happen , but it has . Until we get REAL campaign finance reform in this country , this will just continue on and actually get WORSE over time .

TheReaper!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts