Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 650 exe 2008, 13k miles, farkled out. 2nd owner about a year, running a Formoza 165 65R 14 rear tire, love it so far (under 1000 thus far it is winter).
I live in Sylva, NC, if anyone is over in this area riding or need of info on the area feel free to contact.

I am wanting to put a top case on my Burg if anyone offers any advice on that.

Current bikes
2008 Suzuki Burgman 650 Ex.
heated grips,Kurk. grips,throttle lock
taller windshield,back rest, am/fm shark radio, ram mounts
drink holder, turn alerts, dark side tire
Michellin pilot front

1977 Yamaha xs400 custom
1966 Honda S90

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Welcome from the mountains of nearby Virginia. I see you are 185 miles from me and live in a town even smaller than mine. I sold a nice black 86 BMW R80RT to a veterinarian about a half hour from Asheville last summer. He might be close to you. I bought my 09 650 from a flatlander from the Eastern Shore in July and it still had the original tires on it and the rear would have gone another thousand or two. It's amazing how quickly our tires wear in the mountains. 6,000-7,000 is good mileage for a rear tire around here. I might go to the darkside when my rear tires wears out as I have between 3,000 and 4,00 miles on it already. I don't like the rear tire replacement to be the most expensive part of riding a 650.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I normally ride the area in Western NC at least twice a year! Beautiful roads and scenery!

J

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome for Los Angeles, Ca.

I installed the Bestem 42L 2012 box on my 650. It's good quality, comes wired for brake or tail light, and costs 170 delivered for box and mounting bracket. Comes with everything you need save a few washers I added for clearance and leveling purposes. Not sure what color bike you have, but the silver matched my bike perfectly. Not bad for the price.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome aboard Ktimco. I new here as well and I'm just getting used to the Burgman community. I'm in NC as well and live in the Charlotte area. I've been to Sylva many times and it's a beautiful area with some very good riding.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've got hardly any farkles on my 08 650 exec. The 46L Givi was easy to install once the passenger back rest was taken off. The mounting plate installs in minutes once the back rest is off. The Givi box is kind of plain but it does what I ask it to - carry a few things from the store to home. And overnight stuff when I visit my kids a couple hundred miles away. I like the plate that remains once the box is removed. I gives me something to strap awkward items to. And it takes all of 5 seconds to remove the box.

I also installed the Clearview large windscreen with vent. Its much better than the sock screen. I've found that pointing the vent up causes the least amount of wind buffeting at speed. And as seen in my sig file I have nearly the same rear tire as you have - its the 60 series. Slightly shorter than yours. It changed the speedo reading - cut the error by half. I use a GPS for speed so I seldom look at the speedo any longer. I doubt I'd ever go back to a regular MC tire. Whats the point? I simply ignore the naysayers. Until they've tried it they really have no idea of what they're talking about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts