Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
I live in Richmond, Ky. I work at the University here and I have rekindled my riding days when I turned 50 ( about 6 years ago).
I grew up in Italy, got in the States in '85 to study, got a girlfriend, got married and the rest is history...While there I rode on a lot of different things: scooters, Vespas large an small, 250 cc Benelli thumpers, Honda cb 750 and 2 -stroke kawasaki 500...oh, the shriek of that one !! :cheers:
I am now the gray haired and roundish :bigsmurf: owner of a 2009 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer.
At over 700 lb ( the bike, not me 8) and with too much heat and noise ( the power is nice though...) I have decided that I want comfort and less weight. KY secondary roads, especially here in the Eastern part of the state, are up-n-down, twisty and empty. Tossing around that big v-twin ( for me, anyway) is gotten a bit too hard for my sorry back.
I have been reading this forum (and others) and it looks like a Burgman 650 is in my future.
Wish me luck on my search.
Marco

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I live in the Southwestern tip of Virginia (70 miles from KY, 40 miles from WV, 40 Miles from NC and 50 miles from TN) and I ride the mountain roads of all of them as well as VA all the time. I have been riding my BMW R1200CLC (the big awkward BMW similar to your bike) for years. I rode my friend's 650 about 50 miles through the mountains last fall and found it to be a great crooked mountain road bike. I then bought a 400 and found that it also does a good job on the mountain roads. I decided to get the 400 because it is lighter, simpler and has a lower seat.

I rode my BMW the first time since I bought the 400 a couple of weeks ago and found it to be heavier and more work to ride than I remembered. I have ridden the scooter about 1,000 miles since I tagged it in November and I apparently got used to how easy it is to ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts