Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may or may not know, I'm still contemplating getting a Burgman. My question is one about fit. How bent should my arms be? For reference, I'm 6'1 230, and about a 32-33 inseam and finally, I wear a 17' neck and 34-35 shirt. I'm curious because when on either bike 400/650, my arms seem to be pretty much bent at a 90 degree angle. This position seems somewhat cramped, but for all I know, it may be the natural position. I also sat on a silverwing, and it resulted in the same arm configuration. For additional reference, I sat on a Honda NC700x and a Vstrom 650 and my arm angle changed significantly, for the better (they straightened out). In summary, I guess I need to know what is the normal/natural arm position when riding a Burgman?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think riding position is very much a personal thing. In my case I just put riser/setbacks clamps on my handlebars on my 650 as I was having some upper back cramping due to my arms stretching out while riding the bike. I also did this to my V-Strom 1000. I'm 5'10" and 225 with a 30" inseam to give you an idea of my frame. So having your arms bent may not be the hot setup for you, although I'd ride the bike for some distance in one setting to give you and idea of what works for you.
Greg

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
In summary, I guess I need to know what is the normal/natural arm position when riding a Burgman?
If you sit on the Burgman (or any bike) and it feels right and you are comfortable, you have found what you are looking for. If it doesn't feel right to you, go and find one that does.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Your arms should not be straight when riding, there should be some angle at your elbow, although 90 degrees would be cramped.

But as others have said if it isn't comfortable then it isn't quite right for you.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I've gotta agree with Osbornk - if it feels weird, look for another bike. Having said that, I'm 6'2" with a 33 inseam and it fit me great once I tossed the butt-pad and replaced it with a backrest from BestBackrests.com

Incidentally, the ergos are almost exactly the same on both the 650 and the 400.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I've gotta agree with Osbornk - if it feels weird, look for another bike. Having said that, I'm 6'2" with a 33 inseam and it fit me great once I tossed the butt-pad and replaced it with a backrest from BestBackrests.com

Incidentally, the ergos are almost exactly the same on both the 650 and the 400.
Ya, a backrest or butt bumper riser will give you an extra inch or two of leg and arm room. Given your size, its almost a requirement to ride comfortably on a burgman.

·
Registered
857 Posts
For reference, I'm 6'1 230, and about a 32-33 inseam and finally, I wear a 17' neck and 34-35 shirt. I'm curious because when on either bike 400/650, my arms seem to be pretty much bent at a 90 degree angle.
I'm 6'3" and 240 with long arms, usually a 37.5 and the 400 works excellent for me. I did take the butt stop off, two screws and about ten minutes time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts