Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a neighbor who is older and there’s been this Burgman 650 sitting out front on the driveway the past maybe 2 years, with a cover on it til 6 months ago or so. I don’t know that neighbor we’ll but turns out it’s her son’s Burgman. I met him the other day, I have a scooter and motorcycle already, and he said he’d give it to me. I have too many projects already but I can’t really say no to free…except that of course it’s going to take money and time to get it better shape. He’ll give me all the history and stuff soon but he said it ran well except for tire/valve stem issues. So I figured I’d see if I can get it running and go from there. But wanted to introduce myself and also get your thoughts on the scoot and potentially how much work is ahead of me. Also, any idea what ballpark year this might be?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Military camouflage Luggage and bags Grass Camouflage Gas

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive lighting

Plant Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Nature

Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Plant

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Thanks! I have a Suzuki Intuder that I like so hoping the Burgman is fun. Are they pretty comfortable for the passenger? Would need wife to actually like the ride if I’m going to keep it, lol.
Fix it for the wife and have her ride beside you.

I wouldn’t give more than $900 which you could part it out for …..with some work.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
@panamaniac :

The VIN is on the plate in the step-through area. Any number of web VIN decoders will then tell you the model year.

·
Administrator
18,063 Posts
The little BLACK Data plate below knee level on picture #2 will have the Date manufactured.

I'd drain/siphon the old gas out and add new gas with an ounce of Seafoam treatment.
Change the oil and filter before starting.

Reactions: panamaniac

·
Administrator
18,063 Posts
Once you get this PIG all cleaned up, new Lipstick and put about 100 miles on it, you may sell one of the other bikes and keep this one. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Once you get this PIG all cleaned up, new Lipstick and put about 100 miles on it, you may sell one of the other bikes and keep this one. ;)
Yeah, I hear they have a pretty good top end! My other bikes are a ‘93 Suzuki Intruder 800 and Mon ‘03 Piaggio BV200. Problem is I have too many vehicle already and already decided I gotta sell the Intruder…so getting this free Burgman feels like bad timing (I know, I know, lol)

·
Administrator
18,063 Posts
If you were not 850 miles away I'd take it off your hands just for the parts. But going from Seattle area to Salt Lake City Area (License plate) involve a few mountain passes and Winter is setting in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you were not 850 miles away I'd take it off your hands just for the parts. But going from Seattle area to Salt Lake Area involve a few mountain passes and Winter is setting in.
Dang, too bad! Though tbh I’d love to get it going and at least see how it rides. I hear they’re pretty low maintenance so just wondering how well this guy actually took care of it.

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
If there's any black plastic on it that needs livening up, there is a product that does a great job. CERAKOTE , gotta use gloves, dang it looks great,

Reactions: panamaniac
1 - 20 of 178 Posts