Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out for a short ride (220 miles total) yesterday and ran into my first spot of bad weather on the Burgman. I now remember why I owned wet weather gear many years ago when I rode before. I also now have a greater appreciation for the term "flash flood". Ran into a small storm that had water standing 2+ inches deep on the old 2 lane road I was riding. The 400 handled much better than I did. No problems other than being soaked to the bone.

For those of you visiting Middle Tennessee in the future, I suggest taking a leisurely cruise down the Natchez Trace Parkway. No cutting up the twisties...speed limit is too slow. Top speed on the parkway is 50MPH. The Trace is a nice scenic tour. No gas stations (on the road itself), billboards, or other distractions. Saw several other bikes (mostly Harleys and Goldwings) and several groups of riders. Keep an eye out for the deer, turkeys, and (gasp) armadillos.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Been on the Natchez Trace Parkway and at night it's almost eerie (in a nice sort of way) and yes do watch out for the dear .(like 5 & 6 at a time)
But is was a nice ride :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Deer scare me. That is the primary reason that I seldom ride after dark. But Friday morning I left at 4am to return home from my trip up into northern Nebraska. I was scanning the road ahead of me as intently as possible, but luckily I did not encounter any of the critters.

One thing I'll say is that the high beam headlights on the AN650 are excellent. I did feel a little vulnerable the few times that I had to switch to low beam for oncoming vehicles. I wonder if auxiliary lighting like those motolights would help with that.

·
Super Moderator
8,064 Posts
I did a run recently in the rain. One really nice thing I noticed, when the rain started, the water on the windshield started to turn yellowish. The bugs were comming off. By the time we got to out destination we had a clean bike.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
abm said:
Randy said:
) and yes do watch out for the dear .(like 5 & 6 at a time)
:)
The Deer, dear.
Could have been an 'old dear'

We have signs here alerting to us 'old people crossing' - always makes me laugh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts