Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Found scooter for parts

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Dave_J 
#1 ·
I have an 08 executive 650. Everything is working great with 5000 miles (except for my wheel squeal). I found a fella that has a real ragged out 08 for sale for parts-no title-for $220. I have no room for it but I thought I would talk him into selling me maybe the wheels, rotors, brake parts, exhaust, O2 sensor, driver butt bump, passenger backrest,digital dash panel, radiator, and maybe other parts. It is about 90 percent complete. Anyone think I would ever use any parts or am I just wasting my time? New part prices are sky high on some things and some are out of production. Its been sitting in his driveway for at least 3 months and hasn't been licensed since 2017. Today he said the city wants him to move it and he said he would take $150. Any constructive thoughts are appreciated. Have a good evening.

#3 ·
I aint sure how that works, no title, I know about no tag and no registration, but no title is beyond me, I am too cautious I guess, I'd check the vin to make sure it wasn't "borrowed" but for that price, I'd find a place in my bedroom beside my other burgy! I could always move the bed to the garage.

#4 ·
The CVT is one item I'd squirrel away too.

Send me the wiring harness and I'll pay for shipping. I only need the connectors with some of the wires so I will be cutting it up.

#5 ·
Killer price for a parts bike.

#6 ·
It's great if it is what it appears to be, but I'd run the VIN just to make sure.
The no title thing could put you in the position of having disassembled a bike that wasn't his to sell. That could awkward on a couple levels.

Reactions: Dave_J
#7 ·
If I go to see it again, I will get the vin number and do a check on it. The seller said he would give me a bill of sale. If after I pick and pull parts and can't dispose of it, then I'm stuck with a 500 hundred pound lawn dinosaur sculpture. According to Texas law, all you can legally do with a vehicle without a title is cut if in half, trailer it off, and sell it for scrap to a recycling center that won't take it without a title. New owners can't title or register a vehicle without a title. Legally your not to even sell parts on Craigslist without a title. I sure want to get some parts, but the wife won't let me have the new yard additions. If I didn't have a queen, I would surely have a pig pen. Ah decisions decisions. Hope all have a good day.

#8 ·
I would grab the deal as long as it isn't a stolen or have some other legal problems. Having two bikes of the same model and year would be great. Part it out slowly or just have your own source of spare parts. Parts on older bikes will always be a problem so this would give you some options should the need arise.

#11 ·
Hey Dave quick question. How can you tell if the CVT is any good if the scoot hasn't been run for several years. Wouldn't it be a lot of work to remove it and service it to find out? However I guess if yours went out you would have a rebuilt spare ready to go.

#12 ·
No way to just look at the CVT without a snake camera. And that will not tell you if the bearings are bad.

Maybe the seller will give you an honest answer on why it was parked. Maybe allow a jump start? At least if you put a jumper cable on it you could see the ODO for mileage.

If I could find a deal like this local to me I'd strip it out. I have a scrapper that can take a quartered car without a title but he will do a VIN search to make sure its not stolen. A motorcycle with no title he just needs the frame 'Sawsall' cut in three peices

Reactions: Tromper
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.