Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got this today , a one owner pristine 2005 never dropped like new condition . Kept covered in warm storage every winter and treated like a spoiled child . Rode it home 70 miles on the freeway at rush hour bike preformed flawlessly . MJR's favorite color:D

I must have looked at 100 bikes to find this one .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
That's one clean machine! Great catch.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
It's beautiful ...congrats!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'm glad you finally found a nice one, you've looked hard and long to find one in perfect condition and that looks perfect.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Verrrry Nice! I don't see blue ones very often. Blue is my favorite, black 2nd, and mine is silver. I'm jealous. Congrats! Buy the way were you looking for a 2005 or is that just the year of bike that it ended up being?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Ooo, that pretty blue color! I have that on my k7 400. Scientifically it is the fastest color. Although red is close.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Verrrry Nice! I don't see blue ones very often. Blue is my favorite, black 2nd, and mine is silver. I'm jealous. Congrats! Buy the way were you looking for a 2005 or is that just the year of bike that it ended up being?
I was looking for any year 2005 and above that was in pristine condition with low miles and that was fairly priced . Blue wouldn't have been my first choice but I really don't care all that much about the color . This is the closest I came to what I wanted and it was only $3,500 , so I grabbed it . I've seen them for $5,500 that weren't near as nice as this one . Believe it or not I was already asked if I would sell it and I said NO !

TheReaper!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was looking for any year 2005 and above that was in pristine condition with low miles and that was fairly priced . Blue wouldn't have been my first choice but I really don't care all that much about the color . This is the closest I came to what I wanted and it was only $3,500 , so I grabbed it . I've seen them for $5,500 that weren't near as nice as this one . Believe it or not I was already asked if I would sell it and I said NO !

TheReaper!
Given your relentless pursuit for price and detail, I am sure you got a good one. Good luck with it and I hope it serves you well.:)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Galaxy Blue! Same as my 2003, except the signal lens covers--mine are amber (tail/mirrors) instead of clear. Very envious at the smoothness of the plastic. Mine were scuffed to heck and no amount Pledge removes the marks.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Buddy in Canada got a 06 exec with 5400kms $3100 = $2750 US!!!

3,350 miles - how does this happen!!!! that is like 500 miles a year.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buddy in Canada got a 06 exec with 5400kms $3100 = $2750 US!!!

3,350 miles - how does this happen!!!! that is like 500 miles a year.
They are out there but they are normally sold rather quickly , some times within minutes . Gappy wrote above "Given your relentless pursuit for price and detail, I am sure you got a good one. Good luck with it and I hope it serves you well.:icon_smile: " He hit the nail on the head , to find and acquire the pearls you do have to be some what relentless in your pursuit .

On another note we hear about some pretty good deals members got here periodically . But normally we don't hear or see the condition of the bike , like has it ever fallen over and scratched the entire side of the bike up . When I look at a used bike I take all that into consideration . If a seller is asking $4,000 for a bike and it would take $2,000 to replace all the damage on it I deduct that from the price that I am willing to pay. I also look at the tires , the battery and any thing else the bike may need and try to figure that into the price . If the bike has a lot of damage and needs new tires and a new battery , that's $3,000 right off the top in my mind . Maybe one in a hundred bikes I look at will meet my criteria .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's a great feeling to find a beauty like that, ain't it? I bought a similar pristine 2006 this past may. Was owned by a 77 year old gentleman who took meticulous care of her. Had higher mileage than I wanted (22,000 mi), but everything seems just fine - now has almost 27,000 miles. I approached it as a fun hunt by checking scooter sites, craigslist and local newspapers - avoided dealers because of their notoriously insane prices. Congratulations!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Very nice and congrat's!!

Love the blue and the backrest. It's just like mine:)

Sam:)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Canadian deal had be dropped ( minor scrapes ) but more important a charging issue. :(

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice find, sweet. I do love my blue, next fav would be the red '07.

Close but different paint code. I think the '03 is slightly darker.

Metallic Space Blue (Y7h)

Pearl Deep Blue #2 (YBA)

Nothing against the blue , as with all the Burgman colors they are nice colors . Some make better looking bikes than others and for my taste the blue while a very nice color , it's just to much dark colors with the black inner plastics and the blue outer plastics . In other words there is nothing contrasting with the two , so the end result is rather bland to my eye . I just installed a set of chrome Fehling side case racks on it and the chrome really pops against the dark blue , so I may add a little chrome to it ? My 2006 is the silver and against the black inner plastics looks much better because the two colors contrast nicely .

A little side note here on the Fehling side case racks . They are a PIA to install , and that front rod attaching to the passenger foot rest adds to the PIA department . They are IMO leaps and bounds stronger than any thing else I've seen to date . Quite honestly I think I could lift the weight of entire bike with them . They are a PIA to install and I had to add spacers in the rear to get them to fit properly , otherwise they would be rubbing against the rear side covers . There is no question in my mind that they will carry weight wise any thing you can stuff into your bags .

TheReaper!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts