Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While most posts on BUSA are civil, helpful and supportive, several members have noted, in Private Messages, that some individuals frequently resort to unwarranted personal attacks. This spoils the atmosphere and enjoyment of the site for everyone else.

Members are reminded to focus on the content of posts and not make personal attacks or use the posts or forum systems to settle scores, score points, pile on, name-call or abuse others.

·
Administrator
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Open debating is a good thing. Even a little heated banter. But you have to stop and think how far to go before it becomes over the line. It may sound good to you but not to others.

• Sad
Reactions: Charbroil

·
Registered
64 Posts
I always miss the excitement here 🙁
What did I miss? Was it deleted? I’m looking for some over the line personal attacks but can’t find them 😕
It sounds like they are happening in PM's. I haven't noticed any myself, but I agree that we don't need to go down that rabbit hole. Hopefully this reminder will keep it from spreading.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
in your account settings, privacy, set "Allow users to: Start Conversations with you:" to Nobody.

the ignore feature is useful too...however you can't ignore mods.

Font Number Screenshot Document

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
The personal attacks and belligerent comments are in forum posts, or strings of posts

Staff have received several complaints/reports from members - those complaints were via personal messages.

If you log on looking for a gotcha moment or to target particular members you dislike or to retaliate because your opinion wasn’t accepted or just like to troll - we are talking to you.

Members are getting fed up with it and asked us to do something. Now everybody is aware and will hopefully play nicely.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Play nice now kids!

Attachments

Reactions: hbr1 and DarisPakar

·
Registered
985 Posts
Are these attacks mostly in the Burgmanville group of forums? I don't see much in the way of sustained hostility in the Scooters forums. When someone gets a little hot under the collar, a moderator usually deals with it quickly. That's one of the reasons this site is far superior to so many others, IMHO. Thank you for what you guys do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts