Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an irritating rattle which seems to emanate from the front wheel/caliper area but i'm unable to find anything loose. The fender bolts are OK. The rattle is most noticable when crossing a minor join in a smooth pavement at low speed. (perhaps I don't hear it at higher speeds) I'm beginning to suspect something inside the forks. The bike is a K7 exec with about 24,000 miles and has no record of fork maintenance, although other maintenance appears to have been carried out by the PO on a regular basis according to notes handed me. Could there be something loose/worn in the forks that might be rattling? In all other respects the bike rides very well; steers and handles well. Might a change of fork oil be indicated? Comments anyone, please.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Sounds like mine, normal fork harshness and fender rattle. Its one of the things I hope to fix with the cartridge emulators.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Check the two screws on the little splash guard mounted up on the bottom of the fork clamps above the fender. Those can work loose and let the piece bounce around.

Also check the radiator cover to see if all the clips and screws on it are intact and in place. The two push pins at the top are prone to coming loose. The two pins at the bottom are notorious for breaking off. Just about everyone I ride with has replaced those two pins with zip ties.

Also check the two screws on the little splash guard mounted up on the bottom of the fork clamps above the fender. Those can work loose

·
Registered
207 Posts
Got anything sitting in the dash cubbies? Once in a while I get a rattle from a tire pressure gauge and tiny Plexus bottle I carry in mine, even though I stuffed a rag in with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts